Boxing Day 2019 Discussion

Any deals on Carbon Monoxide/smoke detectors?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2019 6:39 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Nov 8, 2005
901 posts
157 upvotes
Ottawa

Any deals on Carbon Monoxide/smoke detectors?

Looking to replace in my house, can be combo or separate. I had a quick peak online but couldn't find much.

Tia
6 replies
Oct 6, 2006
170 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
There are some at CTC for 25% off. Cheapest is $26, but if you're looking for the interconnected alarms BestBuy has them @ 50% off ($100) (First Alert OneLink)
Feb 20, 2016
5 posts
2 upvotes
Nest Protect (CO and smoke) is on sale at Home Depot for $119 (reg. $149). It may seem steep, but they’re good for ten years, don’t need the batteries replaced, have a cool nightlight, and send notifications to your phone (and can be silenced from you phone, too). I used the basic old type for decades, but I think these are much better.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2828 posts
1349 upvotes
Sudbury
dealflagred wrote: Nest Protect (CO and smoke) is on sale at Home Depot for $119 (reg. $149). It may seem steep, but they’re good for ten years, don’t need the batteries replaced, have a cool nightlight, and send notifications to your phone (and can be silenced from you phone, too). I used the basic old type for decades, but I think these are much better.
This!

Last Black Friday I bought six and replaced all floors/bedrooms in my home.

Yesterday I was at my parents and got an alert on my Apple Watch there was smoke in the Master Bedroom.

Turns out my wife was using her new hair curler....but it was nice to know that I can get alerts/warnings when it detects something.
[OP]
Nov 8, 2005
901 posts
157 upvotes
Ottawa
wish I had the money, I cant seem to find the ones on Canadian Tire?

Im lucky I was even allowed to put a google home in the kitchen ;)
Jun 17, 2006
530 posts
283 upvotes
Calgary
There is a carbon monoxide detector on the front page of the Home Hardware flyer. Haven't really looked into whether it is a good deal.
eBay Feedback: 118 and counting.
[OP]
Nov 8, 2005
901 posts
157 upvotes
Ottawa
RockiestMountains wrote: There is a carbon monoxide detector on the front page of the Home Hardware flyer. Haven't really looked into whether it is a good deal.
Rainchecked 2 of them this morning and they had two pack of smoke detectors for under 20$...Much appreciated!