Cell Phones

Any differences between S7 Rogers and Bell Model?

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2016 1:21 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
1966 posts
589 upvotes

Any differences between S7 Rogers and Bell Model?

Any differences between S7 Rogers and Bell Model? Going to purchase the Bell model unlock it and use it on rogers
7 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
12324 posts
1882 upvotes
Kanata
No hardware differences. You may have to wait for Bell to release the software updates for it as even though you're using it on Rogers network, the OTA's should still be coming from Bell.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
19888 posts
9319 upvotes
Oakville
goofball wrote: No hardware differences. You may have to wait for Bell to release the software updates for it as even though you're using it on Rogers network, the OTA's should still be coming from Bell.
If you flash it with Rogers' version of the firmware, will it get the Rogers OTA updates? I would think it would, but not sure if Rogers actually keeps track of devices that they sell and deploys that way, or if they just handle it through some bloatware in their version of the ROM.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
12324 posts
1882 upvotes
Kanata
wearysky wrote: If you flash it with Rogers' version of the firmware, will it get the Rogers OTA updates? I would think it would, but not sure if Rogers actually keeps track of devices that they sell and deploys that way, or if they just handle it through some bloatware in their version of the ROM.
I'm guessing it is the same as my lg g4 which i flashed with rogers but when the ota was out, it took the bell ota.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 9, 2012
1765 posts
342 upvotes
Mississauga
goofball wrote: No hardware differences. You may have to wait for Bell to release the software updates for it as even though you're using it on Rogers network, the OTA's should still be coming from Bell.
wearysky wrote: If you flash it with Rogers' version of the firmware, will it get the Rogers OTA updates? I would think it would, but not sure if Rogers actually keeps track of devices that they sell and deploys that way, or if they just handle it through some bloatware in their version of the ROM.

Samsung and LG work differently for updates... so for Samsung, IF you change your CSC (or the phone resets itself when sim card inserted and changes CSC itself) to Rogers/Bell/X/y/z, you will get the update when your current CSC carrier releases the update, no matter which company you got the phone from, originally. For example, bought phone from bell, but Changed CSC automatically/manually to Rogers, your Galaxy Sx will get update from Rogers now, not Bell. Note: this theory doesn't hold for carriers that do not have a CSC (Public Mobile/Zoomer/City/etc)

In case of LG, I believe it is a mix of software + original IMEI#. Not too sure as have not played with updates too extensively
Your Rights as a Wireless Consumer - http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/INFO_SHT/t15.htm

An Android a day keeps the Apple away.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
19888 posts
9319 upvotes
Oakville
AndroidRootGuy wrote: Samsung and LG work differently for updates... so for Samsung, IF you change your CSC (or the phone resets itself when sim card inserted and changes CSC itself) to Rogers/Bell/X/y/z, you will get the update when your current CSC carrier releases the update, no matter which company you got the phone from, originally. For example, bought phone from bell, but Changed CSC automatically/manually to Rogers, your Galaxy Sx will get update from Rogers now, not Bell. Note: this theory doesn't hold for carriers that do not have a CSC (Public Mobile/Zoomer/City/etc)

In case of LG, I believe it is a mix of software + original IMEI#. Not too sure as have not played with updates too extensively
Dumb question: what is CSC?

Top