Any early bird dim sum still available?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2020 1:52 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1377 posts
1521 upvotes
Toronto
xpressmerchant wrote: I thought they are one of the best dim sum place. Not sure where you think is better. Anyway they are always packed and parking is crazy. They also has special on weekdays morning.
Didn't say they were bad but there are plenty of other places which serve food that is comparable in quality and taste. As you said, the parking is crazy, so for me, there are other places to go that have better parking, shorter lines within a 10-20 minute drive of there. Not going to stand there as someone mentioned to wait 45 minutes just to get a table.

Not going down the rabbit hole of naming restaurants as everyone has their own opinion.
Aug 24, 2020
39 posts
60 upvotes
First time going to dim sum since Covid. Mom have an ICBC appointment to renew her BC service card so we choose Gingeri in Lansdowne Centre at Richmond right next to an ICBC license office. We arrive at 10:30 for the early bird discount (20% off). The dim sum taste good but the price is high... average $7-$8.5 per item! I remember pre covid the dim sum at Gingeri average $5.5-$7 per item. I guess the Covid 1/2 capacity measure is forcing all restaurants to go premium pricing, as there's no way to go high volume lower price anymore.

Well, while I enjoy dining in a restaurant that's less crowded, the higher price will prevent me from dining out more often. Attached receipt $65 (after discount/tax)+12% tips = $73 for 8 dim sum and tea for 4.
Images
  • IMG_20200915_141646.jpg
Gotta love a good deal!
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
27606 posts
12668 upvotes
Toronto
How’s is that a 20% off on $71.60 food bill ?
Aug 24, 2020
39 posts
60 upvotes
booblehead wrote: How’s is that a 20% off on $71.60 food bill ?
Seems like they didn't give me discount on the two special rice item and tea. Guess i won't go there again.
Gotta love a good deal!
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
27606 posts
12668 upvotes
Toronto
I would have use my own calculator and then pay accordingly. I would have paid $65 , tips and taxes incl.

Toronto high ends dim sum prices are nowhere near those ones shown ... as far as I know.

Oops ! I was wrong . Astonished Face

https://www.laiwahheen.com/dim-sum
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9103 posts
3918 upvotes
Toronto
dragon boat was supposed to reopen at a new location but then Covid-19 hit :(
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9103 posts
3918 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote: I tried it just once (not too long after it opened a few years back). Way too expensive for my thin wallet. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
my family new favourite dim sum place whenever
they come to visit and yes, it is more expensive but the quality is there

i only have one shot to bring them to a good dim sum place whenever they visit ... I tried to bring them to a new place before and omg, total failure ..they kept saying how they much prefer the other place non stop - never again Face With Tears Of Joy
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9103 posts
3918 upvotes
Toronto
Goose12345 wrote:

living downtown... the value play is always rol san esp in degenerate hours like 230am :) Some folks like crown princess but i find it a bit gaudy and the one time when they unintentionally let me pay amex but then forced me to pay with another card left me with a really sour taste. but thats for the credit card forum...
I recommended Crown princess one time because the people were in downtown and didn’t want to come uptown. since crown princess was related to crown prince (sister resto) so how bad can it be ? apparently so bad I never heard the end of it Worried Face

Feb 29, 2016
33 posts
8 upvotes
booblehead wrote: No worry. Daddy will pay. Perhaps, it's a perfect time to ask for a new 911
You left Porsche, you can’t come backSmiling Face With Open Mouth
Jul 20, 2016
587 posts
483 upvotes
Toronto
tried One Fusion over the weekend ... the queue wasn't that crazy around Sunday noon or maybe we got lucky

Food was decent but I frankly think I liked yu seafood a bit more overall. Items like chicken feet were under-seasoned at One Fusion and the baked bbq pork buns weren't as nice either
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11207 posts
3473 upvotes
Toronto
Destiny at Richmond Hill has Early Dimsum for order before 11am. Wk days.
They are more like a bubble tea and dessert places but also serving Dim Sum. My in laws tried and they are not bad,
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
27606 posts
12668 upvotes
Toronto
I noticed most of the dim sum restaurants (Markham) in the weekends are not busy in the last few weeks (as judging by the parking lots).
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9103 posts
3918 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote: I noticed most of the dim sum restaurants (Markham) in the weekends are not busy in the last few weeks (as judging by the parking lots).
skyview seems to be still crazy busy. the wait for a reserved table is still awful

Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9103 posts
3918 upvotes
Toronto
anyone tried chef elite 88? i heard mixed reviews . did their food get better now?

Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13415 posts
8373 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Try for us and let us know.
Pochacco wrote: anyone tried chef elite 88? i heard mixed reviews . did their food get better now?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!