Food & Drink

Any early bird dim sum still available?

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2020 1:52 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
3942 posts
3143 upvotes
Vince888 wrote: First time going to dim sum since Covid. Mom have an ICBC appointment to renew her BC service card so we choose Gingeri in Lansdowne Centre at Richmond right next to an ICBC license office. We arrive at 10:30 for the early bird discount (20% off). The dim sum taste good but the price is high... average $7-$8.5 per item! I remember pre covid the dim sum at Gingeri average $5.5-$7 per item. I guess the Covid 1/2 capacity measure is forcing all restaurants to go premium pricing, as there's no way to go high volume lower price anymore.

Well, while I enjoy dining in a restaurant that's less crowded, the higher price will prevent me from dining out more often. Attached receipt $65 (after discount/tax)+12% tips = $73 for 8 dim sum and tea for 4.
how does that place compare to western lake? I was in that plaza last month in vancouver and thought about trying dim sum there but ended up going to Western Lake instead which i found pretty decent and good value though selection seemed more limited than what i'm used to in GTA
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 12, 2003
11252 posts
3502 upvotes
Toronto
Pochacco wrote: skyview seems to be still crazy busy. the wait for a reserved table is still awful
Skyview is known to serve "frequent customers". There is a waiting line and a secret line for those "frequent customers". They will give the table for the customers they know rather than follow the first come first serve pattern. It is frustrating if you are not one of those "VIP".

There are also less tables now due to social distance, hence the line up is even longer.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
27764 posts
12837 upvotes
Toronto
Pochacco wrote: anyone tried chef elite 88? i heard mixed reviews . did their food get better now?
I tried it when it firstopened. pretty expensive as in catering to the upper class customers. Food wise, it's okay, nothing that special at all. Have not returned.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
27764 posts
12837 upvotes
Toronto
MP3_SKY wrote: Skyview is known to serve "frequent customers". There is a waiting line and a secret line for those "frequent customers". They will give the table for the customers they know rather than follow the first come first serve pattern. It is frustrating if you are not one of those "VIP".

There are also less tables now due to social distance, hence the line up is even longer.
only went there once with friends and really pissed me off for the way they simply let theirs vips walk right in. Never ever again.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 19, 2006
9544 posts
4124 upvotes
Toronto
MP3_SKY wrote: Skyview is known to serve "frequent customers". There is a waiting line and a secret line for those "frequent customers". They will give the table for the customers they know rather than follow the first come first serve pattern. It is frustrating if you are not one of those "VIP".

There are also less tables now due to social distance, hence the line up is even longer.
yea i know .. that is why I don’t even bother going there anymore. my friend waited for her a table for over an hour. I wonder if it is the same thing at one fusion.

No issue with yu seafood with reserved tables for the few times I went. they seemed to know what they are doing. I even heard one of the attendant politely declining a regular customer over the phone that they were fully booked and cannot put them in for a table today lol
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 12, 2003
11252 posts
3502 upvotes
Toronto
Pochacco wrote: yea i know .. that is why I don’t even bother going there anymore. my friend waited for her a table for over an hour. I wonder if it is the same thing at one fusion.

No issue with yu seafood with reserved tables for the few times I went. they seemed to know what they are doing. I even heard one of the attendant politely declining a regular customer over the phone that they were fully booked and cannot put them in for a table today lol
Yes Yu Seafood is good, staff are very polite and food are amazing. Never try dinner because they are expensive lol

But their dim sum is one of the best in GTA on my list.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 19, 2006
9544 posts
4124 upvotes
Toronto
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Try for us and let us know.
yeah maybe - I don’t want to be disappointed though Face With Tears Of Joy
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 9, 2007
13591 posts
8549 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
you know you wanna
Pochacco wrote: yeah maybe - I don’t want to be disappointed though Face With Tears Of Joy

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
3942 posts
3143 upvotes
MP3_SKY wrote: Yes Yu Seafood is good, staff are very polite and food are amazing. Never try dinner because they are expensive lol

But their dim sum is one of the best in GTA on my list.
Did you try them during pandemic or since? I had takeout from them like around May and it was just terrible

Not sure if should try again now and if it'll be better
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 12, 2003
11252 posts
3502 upvotes
Toronto
StatsGuy wrote:
Did you try them during pandemic or since? I had takeout from them like around May and it was just terrible

Not sure if should try again now and if it'll be better
During Pandemic, we kept buying their dim sim take out weekly. When they were allow to open dine in, I went once for the dine in dim sum as well. Same good quality as before.

They put less tables inside for social distance.
Expect line up if go during rush lunch hour or wk end.

Take out dim sum is certainly not as good as dine in. If they streamed it and lock them in a take out box, the food will change its taste slightly by the time you get the food home and eat.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 24, 2004
4860 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto
Elegance Chinese Cuisine & Banquet, Markham on Gibson off Warden Ave. is doing morning dim sum special $3.8 for all S, M, L from 9:00 - 11:00.
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Feedback: HoFo | eBay | Heatware

Top