• Jan 11th, 2023 9:50 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 24, 2014
36 posts
7 upvotes
Montr

Any ereader deals? (Preferably Kobo)

I bought an old Sony ereader as part of an inventory clearout Black Friday deal about 5 years ago, but it recently got damaged and is no long useable. I'd like a new ereader and am eyeing the Kobo Libra but it's got quite a hefty price tag compared to my $40 Sony. I'd hoped there would be some deals for Black Friday or Boxing Day but didn't see anything. Does anyone know of any current / upcoming deals? I'm inclined to go for Kobo over Kindle because it has better public library integration and I borrow most of my books rather than buying them.
11 replies
Nov 14, 2014
613 posts
961 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Wait for SDM 20x points sale.
Aug 17, 2009
305 posts
198 upvotes
Victoria
Same, looking for a Kobo. I watched the price of the Kobo Clara HD though Black Friday and Boxing Day, and there were no significant deals. Best was (is?) $10 off = $149 at Visions, but limited stock and in-store only.
https://www.visions.ca/product-detail/4 ... KU-BK-K-EP
Chapters/Indigo had it for $30 off = $129, but never had any stock. Seems to be $ $159 everywhere all the time.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2008
1291 posts
1019 upvotes
Hamilton
They have Kobo Forma's on sale for $259 at the Kobo store, although at the exact moment they seem sold out.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2016
1021 posts
3353 upvotes
Kijiji. Lots of people buy them and never read anything.
[OP]
Dec 24, 2014
36 posts
7 upvotes
Montr
Does that apply to anything you buy? And do they sell Kobos? I’ve been subscribed specifically to alerts for the keyword “ereader” so I don’t know much about Shopper’s.
[OP]
Dec 24, 2014
36 posts
7 upvotes
Montr
MooseV2 wrote: Kijiji. Lots of people buy them and never read anything.
Maybe it’s my location but I’m only seeing a very limited selection of ereaders on kijiji and they’re pretty old models.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2008
1291 posts
1019 upvotes
Hamilton
Chriama wrote: Does that apply to anything you buy? And do they sell Kobos? I’ve been subscribed specifically to alerts for the keyword “ereader” so I don’t know much about Shopper’s.
I don't know if you are old enough yourself, but seniors get 20% off all regular prices SDM merchandise on Thursdays. Probably the best place to get a Kobo right now.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2009
1091 posts
841 upvotes
Toronto
I suggest getting an android or apple tablet. You will have the advantage of being able to install both the kobo and amazon software, as well as whatever your local library uses.
[OP]
Dec 24, 2014
36 posts
7 upvotes
Montr
Jruuu wrote: I suggest getting an android or apple tablet. You will have the advantage of being able to install both the kobo and amazon software, as well as whatever your local library uses.
Very big different in price between most tablets and ereaders, and I don’t need - or want- the extra functionality.
[OP]
Dec 24, 2014
36 posts
7 upvotes
Montr
shwab wrote: I don't know if you are old enough yourself, but seniors get 20% off all regular prices SDM merchandise on Thursdays. Probably the best place to get a Kobo right now.
That sounds like a good deal! Unfortunately I’m nowhere near senior age but maybe I need to look into making friends at the local retirement home…