Wheels and Tires

Any experience with Aoteli brand tires?

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2015 4:19 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Jul 24, 2009
834 posts
577 upvotes
kitchener

Any experience with Aoteli brand tires?

More specifically the P307 model.
Lots of these tires seem to be imported by the big tire warehouses in the GTA area, but can't find much info on them as far as reviews are concerned.
The sales staff usually sounds very enthusiastic about these, but of course they will say anything to make a sale.

I know what most of you guys are thinking, but I have learned that not everyting from China is a crappy product and sometimes you can get good quality items from there, if you do your research..
I'm trying to keep an open mind here.
Part of my reasoning to even consider these tires is the fact, that the market is currently pretty much cornered by all the major name brands....so even if this tire's quality was comparable or better then the big guys, in order to break into the market, they would pretty much have no choice but to heavily discount them, because nobody would buy them at the price point comparable to the big brand names.
So in theory, these tires could be just as good (or maybe even better) giving you a great bang for the buck.
Basically I would like an opinion from someone who has purchased them...thank you in advance.
33 replies
Deal Addict
May 19, 2009
2471 posts
249 upvotes
Markham
I hear Ling Long tires are better.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Mar 5, 2015
157 posts
18 upvotes
Calgary, AB
China has good and bad products, depends on how much you're willing to pay for course. But people are skeptical. I have no experience with this product is that I would recommend or not. Try it, maybe you will not regret it.
[OP]
Banned
Jul 24, 2009
834 posts
577 upvotes
kitchener
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: Never heard of em.
Seems like nobody has.....but it is very hard to argue with "out the door" price of $389 for a brand new set of 4 tires including tax.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 19, 2013
930 posts
797 upvotes
Toronto
For something that you would be using for years, is the savings of 100-200 really worth buying no name?
[OP]
Banned
Jul 24, 2009
834 posts
577 upvotes
kitchener
Nfsryder wrote: For something that you would be using for years, is the savings of 100-200 really worth buying no name?
If I can't get any opinions from real people, then probably not...but I'm still hoping, that someone out there has a pair... :)
Sr. Member
Jan 22, 2015
662 posts
180 upvotes
Haven't heard of that name before but I was in a similar situation as you about six months ago. Bought some no name chinese tires and so far other than normal driving I've done a 5k road trip which included mountains and all is good.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2358 posts
617 upvotes
Lindsay, ON
I wouldn't hesitate to get them. All I use now is cheap chinese tires and even use them on the track due to wearing them out so quick.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 8, 2007
9461 posts
11235 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
It's funny that something like tires people have no problem buying some unknown brand without much reviews or data to save a few bucks...but then insist on plush name brand toilet paper. No name and cheap toilet paper should be fine also right?

The fact that different tires make a vast difference particularly in things like wet braking etc. But there is a camp on here that believe just slap any set on they are all pretty much the same. You won't convince them otherwise. If that's how you look at it, slap a set on and happy motoring! Who knows, given zero data on this brand and model they could be great.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6692 posts
1367 upvotes
Considering the low quality of pretty much anything from China and the corners that they cut to keep their products cheap I can't think of any reason why I'd want to risk buying these.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 5, 2008
16995 posts
12395 upvotes
Toronto
woof wrote: Considering the low quality of pretty much anything from China and the corners that they cut to keep their products cheap I can't think of any reason why I'd want to risk buying these.
seconded
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
3007 posts
1351 upvotes
GTA
No idea how well they perform, but if they're anything like the Rovelo, Weathermate, Sailun, and other Chinese tires we've had popping up in the last few years, they'll be ok at best.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2014
1239 posts
157 upvotes
Mississauga
You shouldn't put a price on your safety, think about the time when you need your tires to preform and they don't, you're gonna be screwed. I recommend you re-evaluate the tires you wanna get.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 29, 2010
1290 posts
475 upvotes
"Horn-like silent grooves on main ribs - same groove void ratio at any tire cross section for smooth air flow to effectively reduce pattern noise. it connects the grooves as silencer."

With a description like that, how could you go wrong on a product crucial to your safety?
Sr. Member
Apr 18, 2010
578 posts
91 upvotes
angry-trucker wrote: Seems like nobody has.....but it is very hard to argue with "out the door" price of $389 for a brand new set of 4 tires including tax.
Actually it's quite easy to argue with that.
As others have said: Not everything from China is crap. But many are. And tires are a safety issue. And no one has heard of this brand.
There's your argument.
[OP]
Banned
Jul 24, 2009
834 posts
577 upvotes
kitchener
fredf wrote: Actually it's quite easy to argue with that.
As others have said: Not everything from China is crap. But many are. And tires are a safety issue. And no one has heard of this brand.
There's your argument.
Not really here to pick arguments, but one could easily counter with the fact, that once upon a time nobody has heard of Honda either. Many big renowned Japanese manufacturers used to be viewed with about the same level of suspicion, as the Chinese ones are today.
In other words, just because you never heard anything about a certain product, doesn't necessarily mean that the product is bad.
That's not to say it has to be good, but it could just mean that it's simply new to the market.
I was hoping to get reviews from real people and so far it looks like nobody has heard of them.....still this doesn't automatically translate into those tires being a bad product.
To me it just means, that I have nothing to go on, therefore I will most likely look elsewhere.
Personally, I value real reviews from real people above any claims from the company website or the salesman's mouth.
Sr. Member
Apr 18, 2010
578 posts
91 upvotes
I understand what you're saying. I agree to an extent.
However I wouldn't buy an unknown brand of tires that no one has any experience. And I would never bother even reading a company website. I go to independent review sites.

The point is that if no one had ever used them nor heard of them then is it a safe choice? It might be but do you want to chance it.

My first car was a 1976 Corolla. Everyone thought Japanese cars were cheap crap. I was very happy with it at the time. So I know that all companies (including very good ones) have to start somewhere.

I never said these tires were crap. I only said that there is no way to know if they are good. Do you want to be the test case?
You decide.
[OP]
Banned
Jul 24, 2009
834 posts
577 upvotes
kitchener
fredf wrote: I never said these tires were crap. I only said that there is no way to know if they are good. Do you want to be the test case?
You decide.
No I don't.....this is why I started this thread to see, if someone has already tested them.... :)

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)