Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 4, 2008
27 posts
1 upvote
Canada

any experience buying from NCIX?

I am considering purchasing an ASUS netbook from NCIX.

Does anyone have experience ordering from them?

Thanks!
10 replies
Mar 13, 2008
578 posts
27 upvotes
make sure to shop around and use ncix's price matching feature, 9/10 chance everything will go better then expected, ncix is the best of the best in canada imo.
Mar 27, 2011
671 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
They have a store in Toronto; I've ordered online for in-store pickup and have had great experiences every time.
Dec 21, 2008
405 posts
5 upvotes
mulambo187 wrote: make sure to shop around and use ncix's price matching feature, 9/10 chance everything will go better then expected, ncix is the best of the best in canada imo.

Use this advice to save a couple of bux. I have bought from them numerous times without hassle.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17751 posts
5690 upvotes
Toronto
NCIX is great. Always had good experiences.
Banned
Feb 15, 2008
26318 posts
3211 upvotes
Calgary
Never a bad experience with NCIX. They've even thrown in a few freebies from time to time in my orders (whether this was deliberate or not....I don't know!).

Back when they first started on the scene, I think they had a bit of a reputation of having non-English-speakers (let's face it, the owner is of Asian heritage) working the phones, but these days...no issues, chances are, if you call, the guy on the other end will speak English just as well as Linus.

The parcel pickup area of my local Purolator dealer always has a number of NCIX-marked packages waiting for pick-up, so they must have pretty incredible volume.
TodayHello wrote: ...The Banks are smarter than you - they have floors full of people whose job it is to read Mark77 posts...
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1609 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
+1 for NCIX. Never had any problems with them. They actually accept price matches unlike a certain competitor :razz:
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2495 posts
138 upvotes
York
I buy all my computer stuff at NCIX unless they don't have stock.

PM prices. Even if you put a bull price on a PM or show up with a piece of paper with some handwritten prices on it they'll match the price if it's within reason or give you a pretty good deal regardless. Even if you don't PM if you're dropping a few hundred anyway just ask for 30-50 off or something and they'll most likely do it without question. You can also get older weeks sale prices on things if you ask.

Returns are simple. I've returned working things that they wrote off as non-working so I wouldn't have to pay a restock fee, their idea not mine. Apparently they were too good on returns and now the system locks them out of returns when the receipt scans as older than 30 days (30 days is their policy). I've had staff members try to beat the system so they could let me return things past the return date.

Good stuff. Staff is always nice and really seem to know their stuff. Really prefer shopping there over any other place.
May 15, 2010
295 posts
23 upvotes
North York
Bought from them and the package they ship is really good. They also have a store here like others have said. Pretty good experience.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2005
3100 posts
262 upvotes
Vancouver
just make sure item you order is in-stock. they have a nasty practice to charge payment before shipping. and charge even if it is out of stock for months.
took me close to 3 months to fight them to get my refund back.

and you need to shop around for the best price, and use their pm. not always work out but can try.
some of NCIX affiliates group companies have better price most of the time.

PS, beware of NCIX fanboys.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5026 posts
1565 upvotes
they have **** prices -> pricematch

Besides that they are lightning fast on shipping. I give them that.