Automotive

Any experience with CAA lifetime repair guarantee?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2023 3:24 pm
[OP]
May 11, 2016
13 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto

Any experience with CAA lifetime repair guarantee?

I am in the process of submitting a claim with CAA. They say that if I take the car to be repaired at their approved shop, I get a lifetime guarantee on the repair (for as long as I have the car). Has anyone had any experience with this?
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6781 posts
4348 upvotes
Toronto
On most lifetime warranty, you need to pay $150~ diagnostic fees if you think it needs repair. After that if they say, you neglected the part in question by going off road, not maintained it, didn't put oil or any other ambiguous reasons they have, you are sol.
[OP]
May 11, 2016
13 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
I think you referring to third-party warranty when buying a car.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6781 posts
4348 upvotes
Toronto
Iliketurtles001 wrote: I think you referring to third-party warranty when buying a car.
That's how majority of warranty claim work, new car or 3rd party.
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
16768 posts
5363 upvotes
Toronto
Iliketurtles001 wrote: I am in the process of submitting a claim with CAA. They say that if I take the car to be repaired at their approved shop, I get a lifetime guarantee on the repair (for as long as I have the car). Has anyone had any experience with this?
I'd ask CAA or the garage for the terms BEFORE making any repairs. Like many things these days, there is lots of marketing spin but the details are lacking.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)