• Jul 27th, 2021 2:05 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 9, 2002
599 posts
261 upvotes

Any Ford Escape PHEV in Ontario??

Hard to find online, will drive to get, maybe have to go normal hybrid?
Anyone know where might be able to inquire about getting the PHEV?
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2009
5302 posts
3736 upvotes
Ontario
I have owned a hybrid, PHEV (Ford C-Max Energi) and Focus Electric.

I would recommend going hybrid or BEV. PHEV is worst of both worlds and C-Max Energi had significant battery degradation due to overworked battery and poor battery cooling.

If you are very interested in Escape PHEV check out if there are cooling improvements over Energi products.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9738 posts
8475 upvotes
Kitchener
Bevatron wrote: I have owned a hybrid, PHEV (Ford C-Max Energi) and Focus Electric.
The CMax Energi had about the smallest trunk I've ever seen, just in front of the FFE.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2009
5302 posts
3736 upvotes
Ontario
Rob_EV wrote: The CMax Energi had about the smallest trunk I've ever seen, just in front of the FFE.
Please explain how this comment is relevant to the OPs question regarding the Escape?

I guess you think they should stump up double the money for a Model Y?
Aug 5, 2007
429 posts
372 upvotes
Bevatron wrote: I have owned a hybrid, PHEV (Ford C-Max Energi) and Focus Electric.

I would recommend going hybrid or BEV. PHEV is worst of both worlds and C-Max Energi had significant battery degradation due to overworked battery and poor battery cooling.

If you are very interested in Escape PHEV check out if there are cooling improvements over Energi products.
too bad regular hybrid dont qualify for green plates and use the carpool lanes. That's my only reasoning to get one.
Aug 9, 2008
573 posts
340 upvotes
No stock in Ontario. My guy at East Court told me it can be "special ordered" but no assurance of delivery time. Good thing I didn't put a deposit 3 months ago as my Fusion Energi lease is ending today (have to return the car), otherwise I would have no vehicle. The Fusion Energi was good for gas mileage but small trunk space due to the battery being mounted at the back. Could only fit 4 carryon bags at best.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9738 posts
8475 upvotes
Kitchener
fromage wrote: too bad regular hybrid dont qualify for green plates and use the carpool lanes. That's my only reasoning to get one.
Green plates are reserved for vehicles that don't 100% run on gasoline like standard hybrids. The government is smart enough to realize this.

I have noticed MANY single occupancy drivers with blue plate vehicles in the HOV lane without any repercussions.
Aug 5, 2007
429 posts
372 upvotes
Rob_EV wrote: Green plates are reserved for vehicles that don't 100% run on gasoline like standard hybrids. The government is smart enough to realize this.

I have noticed MANY single occupancy drivers with blue plate vehicles in the HOV lane without any repercussions.
Ok butt plug in hybrids can use HOV lanes legally. Id much rather a PHEV than a hybrid. Of course full BEV is even better but more expensive and range anxiety.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9738 posts
8475 upvotes
Kitchener
fromage wrote: Ok butt plug...
HAHAHAHAHA

Take them out for test drives...the three different drivetrains you list are COMPLETELY different in the way they drive. We owned a hybrid....occasionally got honked at for accelerating too slowly ;)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)