Credit Cards

Any FYF Aeroplan offers now?

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2018 9:46 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 23, 2006
2750 posts
1976 upvotes

Any FYF Aeroplan offers now?

Need about 15k aeropesos, Aeroscam wants to charge me $700, whatever ...

Any FYF offers?
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
13 replies
Member
Sep 7, 2011
207 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
djredhat wrote: Need about 15k aeropesos, Aeroscam wants to charge me $700, whatever ...

Any FYF offers?

amex personal gold reward
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 23, 2006
2750 posts
1976 upvotes
lochunwa wrote: amex personal gold reward
I have had a different amex gold back in the time when we the referral madness was going on. Would I still qualify for this bonus?
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 20, 2011
1554 posts
266 upvotes
Calgary
I don't care about FYF I need to get 40k aeroplan points asap to fly to YYZ from YYC at march end... Does anyone know if any of these offers will give me the aeroplan points within a month or so?
Member
User avatar
Apr 9, 2007
488 posts
122 upvotes
Vancouver
The amex cards are hit or miss. Some people get the points the moment you hit minimum spending requirements. Others take 8-10 weeks. In my experience, I've always gotten the points once I hit the minimum spend except once or twice on a card I've had more than once.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8893 posts
3391 upvotes
Toronto
The amex bus gold gives 30k points, FYF, after I think 5k spent.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 22, 2005
7812 posts
986 upvotes
Arrgh wrote: The amex bus gold gives 30k points, FYF, after I think 5k spent.
40K if you are referred to the card.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2011
5553 posts
1170 upvotes
GTA
djredhat wrote: Need about 15k aeropesos, Aeroscam wants to charge me $700, whatever ...

Any FYF offers?
In branch to apply CIBC Aerogold is FYF with 15k aeroplan points
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 23, 2006
2750 posts
1976 upvotes
icicic wrote: In branch to apply CIBC Aerogold is FYF with 15k aeroplan points
Got link to this info?
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 23, 2006
2750 posts
1976 upvotes
kotoula wrote: I don't care about FYF I need to get 40k aeroplan points asap to fly to YYZ from YYC at march end... Does anyone know if any of these offers will give me the aeroplan points within a month or so?
Ooops forget it. Not valid anymore
Last edited by djredhat on Feb 5th, 2018 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Sr. Member
Aug 15, 2013
825 posts
410 upvotes
Guelph
djredhat wrote: You can apply for the CIBC Aventura® Visa* Card for Business for 30k points and FYF if you never had one. You can convert 1:1 with AP. I already burnt this bridge, so I can’t take advantage of that offer. I don’t recall how fast I got the points though...
From Aeroplan.com - " To convert Points, you must be a CIBC Aventura World Elite MasterCard, CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite or CIBC Aventura Gold Visa cardholder prior to October 1st, 2013 and your account must be in good standing."

I dont think new Aventura account holders can get this. Also, this doesn't mention Aventura for business.
Jr. Member
Mar 7, 2012
189 posts
64 upvotes
WINNIPEG
djredhat wrote: Got link to this info?
You'll see info on the Flyertalk Milesbuzz forum about competitor cards.
You'll need to go in branch to CIBC or RBC or TD, hopefully with a competitor's card in hand.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2011
5553 posts
1170 upvotes
GTA
imdanrydell wrote: You'll see info on the Flyertalk Milesbuzz forum about competitor cards.
You'll need to go in branch to CIBC or RBC or TD, hopefully with a competitor's card in hand.
One of my friends got it in Dec and another one got it in Jan. Both simply asked for FYF Aerogold, confirmed and then applied in branch.

Top