Any gaming keyboard black friday deals? Prefer Mechanical + RGB

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2021 12:32 am
[OP]
Nov 27, 2018
178 posts
338 upvotes

Any gaming keyboard black friday deals? Prefer Mechanical + RGB

Searched for some brands on amazon that were at a good price but not sure which reviews to trust. Can anyone help? Hopefully under $50.

Thanks!
3 replies
Nov 19, 2020
108 posts
57 upvotes
I've been using the now delisted from Amazon's Aukey G12 RGB gaming keyboard (Blue switches) for over a year now on the daily for digital production work (VFX etc.) and typing (occasional blog entries and such)

I press on Ctrl+Z and Ctrl+Shift+Z all the time, and the switches are still doing well, no actual quality issues yet.

The only minor issue I had with the keyboard is the keycaps that comes with the keyboard is quite cheap feeling, but for $35 that I paid, it was fine. I bought a new set of PBT keycaps and its much better now.

The other cheap chinese keyboard I have around are the Redragon K552 RGB (Blue switch) and the Redragon Kurara (Brown switch with hot-swappable switches)

Both Redragon keyboard build quality are like a TANK, and are HEAVY as well. There is ZERO keyboard flex even for heavy typers like myself.

I am not sure about gaming, but as far as a productivity and typer's keyboard go, all 3 keyboards are very decent for the price (BTW the 2 Redragon keyboards are much cheaper at Canada Computers than Amazon, $15 cheaper on the K522 RGB and $25-$30 cheaper on the Kurara, only issue is with Canada Computer is that they only offer the Blue Switch variant, and not the Brown switch variant)

At the same time, at my workplace, I requested for an Razer Huntsman Elite and an ASUS ROG Claymore II (company paid and supplied), aside from the branding and the better product design, as well as the modular numpad on the Claymore II, and also more stable key stems (so less keycap wobble) and less of the metallic "ping" that most of the Redragon keyboards have, I feel like comparing value, the chinese keyboards that I own are a much better value.

Really up to you if you want a mainstream branded keyboard or a chinese clone switch keyboard. Probably better if you try both and return the one you don't like.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
6864 posts
3381 upvotes
Debtario
Hyper X alloy would be my go to right now. Full RGB, under $100 now.

TKL red switch: https://www.amazon.ca/HyperX-Alloy-Orig ... B07YMHGP86

Full size red switch: https://www.amazon.ca/HyperX-Alloy-Orig ... 07W86N3JV/

Closer to $50, Alloy FPS Pro but you'll only get red backlight. It is a solid board though, and has genuine Cherry MX switches.

I would not bother with red dragon and the no-name china keyboards TBH, QC is all over the place so you may be okay, or have keys randomly fail.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)