Travel

Any good All-Inclusive deals going on currently ?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2023 3:13 pm
Nov 21, 2019
23 posts
20 upvotes

Any good All-Inclusive deals going on currently ?

Planing to go on a vacation in April any places that would be good to visit for couples ? (5-7 days)
Open to suggestions
19 replies
Mar 16, 2006
276 posts
135 upvotes
Scarborough
Depends on what u consider a deal and what your budget is

check tripcentral.ca on their classic grid to get an idea of what pricing is like for the week in April you are interested in and then go from there. check air canada vacations as they had some sort of deal for hotspots. I've heard Costco deals are worth it because of the additional Costco perks you get.

if all else fails, Cuba is always the cheapest of the lot...go there.
Nov 6, 2022
338 posts
491 upvotes
How is Cuba? I usually go to Mexico for family trips with kids but never really considered elsewhere.

Is it comparable?
Dec 25, 2006
781 posts
790 upvotes
Ottawa
hyosuke116 wrote: How is Cuba? I usually go to Mexico for family trips with kids but never really considered elsewhere.

Is it comparable?
Beautiful beaches and people. The food is not comparable to Mexico for the most part. Hence the reason it is usually a little cheaper. I really like Cuba, as long as you curb your expectations. I'm not a foodie at all, so I still really like it. I just got back from Cancun 2 weeks ago, and the food was amazing.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2017
1420 posts
774 upvotes
Interestingly enough , we went to Caa and they had a better deal than Expedia
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
3401 posts
715 upvotes
Toronto
marksmithy69 wrote: Beautiful beaches and people. The food is not comparable to Mexico for the most part. Hence the reason it is usually a little cheaper. I really like Cuba, as long as you curb your expectations. I'm not a foodie at all, so I still really like it. I just got back from Cancun 2 weeks ago, and the food was amazing.
Master2031 wrote: Interestingly enough , we went to Caa and they had a better deal than Expedia
What site do you use to book the vacation? Is CAA vacation package limited to members only? Thanks in advance for the replies.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2017
1420 posts
774 upvotes
albundy99999999 wrote: What site do you use to book the vacation? Is CAA vacation package limited to members only? Thanks in advance for the replies.
Yes it is limited to members only . I had to book an apt and go in to one of their locations. CAA was about $400 cheaper than Expedia for my wife and child ( 2 years old )
Dec 25, 2006
781 posts
790 upvotes
Ottawa
albundy99999999 wrote: What site do you use to book the vacation? Is CAA vacation package limited to members only? Thanks in advance for the replies.
I still like https://www.tripcentral.ca/ . I prefer to use the Classic Grid tab. It’s kind of an old school look, but it lays out the prices nicely. I use the site to find the best prices, but I prefer to book directly with the operator after I find the best price on Trip Central. If anything ever goes wrong, it’s always easier to deal directly with the tour operator than a third party like Expedia for example.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2879 posts
2271 upvotes
Toronto
deep1007 wrote: Planing to go on a vacation in April any places that would be good to visit for couples ? (5-7 days)
Open to suggestions
If you avoid the wee prior to Easter and travelling over the weekend the prices tend to go down.

Also, early bookings are key. Last min is not a thing anymore (Cuba may be the only exception to the rule and even then, it’s date dependent).

Also, really depends what your price range is per person. You will likely pay more for adults only.
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18182 posts
14183 upvotes
Toronto
what a difference a year makes.

I had a quick look at Sunwing, and a place i went in Cuba with my son last year for like $1200 for both of us would be $3550 in March.

I realize it's different times but wow.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9598 posts
2225 upvotes
Somewhere
Unless you are really flexible and know in advance what you're getting into, I would pay extra not to be on Sunwing, Flair, Swoop, etc.

Air Transat, Air Canada, and WestJet are not perfect by any means, but I would trust them more than the aforementioned.
:confused:
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2007
1934 posts
109 upvotes
Hamilton
marksmithy69 wrote: I still like https://www.tripcentral.ca/ . I prefer to use the Classic Grid tab. It’s kind of an old school look, but it lays out the prices nicely. I use the site to find the best prices, but I prefer to book directly with the operator after I find the best price on Trip Central. If anything ever goes wrong, it’s always easier to deal directly with the tour operator than a third party like Expedia for example.
Marksmithy69, can you please clarify "but I prefer to book directly with the operator" Thanks
Apr 11, 2012
499 posts
152 upvotes
Moon
Hi folks, not meant to highjack OP's post but I am looking for the same but wanted to take parents who are 75+. any suggestions?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
2926 posts
1499 upvotes
petrpuck wrote: Marksmithy69, can you please clarify "but I prefer to book directly with the operator" Thanks
Book directly with the vacation operator (Air Canada Vacations, Westjet Vacation, AirTransat Vacations, Sunwing Vacations) after searching for best deal or option.
Jan 19, 2015
37 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Cuba sucks right now, they basically have no supplies. Food at the buffet is super sparse.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
2276 posts
809 upvotes
Etobicoke
Koenig99 wrote: Cuba sucks right now, they basically have no supplies. Food at the buffet is super sparse.
Where did you go and when? I was in Cayo Coco last winter and food was fine (not too many vegetables like tomatoes, salads etc) but it wasn't sparse by any means.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1493 posts
1623 upvotes
Kingston
marksmithy69 wrote: Beautiful beaches and people. The food is not comparable to Mexico for the most part. Hence the reason it is usually a little cheaper. I really like Cuba, as long as you curb your expectations. I'm not a foodie at all, so I still really like it. I just got back from Cancun 2 weeks ago, and the food was amazing.
Food in Cuba was tolerable before the pandemic and lifting of the embargo... Past coupe years its become borderline abysmal.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2879 posts
2271 upvotes
Toronto
MaDgamEr wrote: Food in Cuba was tolerable before the pandemic and lifting of the embargo... Past coupe years its become borderline abysmal.
100%
Cuba isn’t my sales territory but my colleagues who oversee the Cuban hotels are often horrified for what they encounter during site inspections. Usually when there are site inspections hotels really try to impress us, even that doesn't happen anymore.

Not to get political (feel free to google), but the pandemic aside and the complete loss of tourist $$$ lead to many resorts closing. Another reason why the quality of Cuban resorts has plummeted is due to Cuba's reliance on Russia, given the war with Ukraine theres complications in regards to basic infrastructure/maintenance.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4920 posts
3840 upvotes
Edmonton
Master2031 wrote: Yes it is limited to members only . I had to book an apt and go in to one of their locations. CAA was about $400 cheaper than Expedia for my wife and child ( 2 years old )
The travel agent sells for the supplier. It is highly unlikely that CAA can provide a $400 cheaper price. I suspect that the packages were not identical, I.e. could be a different airline, a different day, a different flight, a different room, etc. There are too many factors. Every aspect of the trip must be identical to do a proper price comparison.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
Koenig99 wrote: Cuba sucks right now, they basically have no supplies. Food at the buffet is super sparse.
I have come across these comments lately as I was highly considering Cuba. Hmmm.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)