• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2011 3:56 pm
[OP]
Banned
Feb 15, 2004
10735 posts
6 upvotes

Any good Falafels in Mississauga?

Just wondering if there are any restaurants or stores with good falafels.

Just want to keep a small list in case I ever want one. Haven't had any good ones for a while, the best were in Toronto.

Thanks. :)
31 replies
Apr 20, 2004
400 posts
6 upvotes
GTA
I'm not too sure about the name of the place.."Pita Nazi"..i think... :confused: ..but yeah..on Mississauga Road..
eat
drink
sleep
repeat

Jul 14, 2005
36 posts
There is "Pita Hut" on Dundas (within one block west of Hurontario)...and thier hot sauce is amazing.
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1313 upvotes
Sauga
canadian trader wrote:I'm not too sure about the name of the place.."Pita Nazi"..i think... :confused: ..but yeah..on Mississauga Road..
"No pita for you!"
http://www.pitanutsy.com/
:|

There's also Villa Madina in the Square One food court.

You could head up to Falafel Garden in Brampton, too... 90 Kennedy Rd. S not too far north of Steeles, so it may even be closer to you than some of the places in parts of Mississauga.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18298 posts
1262 upvotes
Elmira
screw a pita, go check out the FIRE PIT at Britannia & Hurontario and get yourself a nice souvlaki dinner
a closed mind is already defeated
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
6189 posts
958 upvotes
Toronto
Best Shawrma / Pita is on Eglinton
Place is called "Pita and grill". Prices are reasonable, but you get xtremely good food!

Its about 1 signal west of Dixie on Eglinton. Yellow sign. Decent place to eat, just don't go noon-ish (packed!). Halal for those, that care :)

You can also goto Aladdin (On HWY10/1 light north of Dundas). Its a resturant, decent food but you have burps throughout the day with their food (and more oily compared to other place).
GTA Housing: Supply is the only Metrics that Matters
Active Listings has been the limiting factor for past 10 years.... and will be for next 10
Hence I pull exclusive data from MLS and update GTA HOUSING SUPPLY - Daily!
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2003
1504 posts
414 upvotes
Woodbridge
Pita Nutsy in Mississauga is at Royal Windsor and Ford Dr. There's one in Oakville at Trafalgar and Dundas (south of that actually, on Trafalgar).
Also, Tarboosh at Confederation and Dundas.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
2746 posts
152 upvotes
Peterborough
Falafel Garden. East side of Kennedy Rd. north of Steeles in Brampton. Yeah, I know, off the beaten track for you, but a decent place if you ever get up that way.
May 12, 2005
226 posts
how about make your own falafel :lol:
wanted wrote:Oh, silly me ! :lol:
Forgot to mention a price. :razz:

Being a true RFD member, which ones are <1.99?
Nov 22, 2004
329 posts
68 upvotes
Mississauga
I think Alladdin at Eglinton and Tomken, Mississauga may have Falafels.

They sure have very good Shawarmas there.
Apr 26, 2005
211 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga/Meadowva…
The only place I remember with falafels that cheap is Ali baba in Toronto. I used to get them from the Dundas W location (on Tuesdays I think) 2 for $3.99. There was a place at York University with really cheap falalfel and other pitas (almost anything you could put in a pita they had).

Off topic a bit, but I was first introduced to falafel and shawarma in Ottawa, where I usually got shawarma combos which included a pop and some of the best garlic potatoes I've ever had for about $5. Why do none of the places in the GTA seem to serve these potatoes or offer these combos? I also found most of the places in Ottawa gave you more fillings in your shawarma or falafel sandwich, without charging extra for them.
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1313 upvotes
Sauga
Manda wrote:Off topic a bit, but I was first introduced to falafel and shawarma in Ottawa, where I usually got shawarma combos which included a pop and some of the best garlic potatoes I've ever had for about $5. Why do none of the places in the GTA seem to serve these potatoes or offer these combos?
You can get that combo at Villa Madina in Square One...but it's not that cheap.
May 25, 2005
128 posts
1 upvote
Seconding Nick's famous pitas.

p.s. don't order a dinner plate unless you're really hungry or have someone to split it with.
Mar 28, 2002
653 posts
51 upvotes
PrinceMS wrote: Best Shawrma / Pita is on Eglinton
Place is called "Pita and grill". Prices are reasonable, but you get xtremely good food!

Its about 1 signal west of Dixie on Eglinton. Yellow sign. Decent place to eat, just don't go noon-ish (packed!). Halal for those, that care :)

You can also goto Aladdin (On HWY10/1 light north of Dundas). Its a resturant, decent food but you have burps throughout the day with their food (and more oily compared to other place).
Pita and grill gets my vote.
May 2, 2010
2 posts
Toronto
wanted wrote: Just wondering if there are any restaurants or stores with good falafels.

Just want to keep a small list in case I ever want one. Haven't had any good ones for a while, the best were in Toronto.

Thanks. :)
Very nice place, flafel and showarma is the best!!!!!!
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18298 posts
1262 upvotes
Elmira
problem wrote: Very nice place, flafel and showarma is the best!!!!!!
These things are popping up everywhere now.. they're ok, not great
a closed mind is already defeated
Deal Guru
Jan 2, 2006
12220 posts
148 upvotes
duckdown wrote: These things are popping up everywhere now.. they're ok, not great
problem

WTB: A Dance With Dragons from A Song of Ice and Fire