Automotive

Any good and honest mechanic near Markham or Richmond Hill familiar with old Toyota?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2021 5:27 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2009
1692 posts
1066 upvotes
Calgary

Any good and honest mechanic near Markham or Richmond Hill familiar with old Toyota?

My coolant fan won't turn on even my engine is overheating. I did diagnose and found out the engine coolant temperature switch is not working properly. So I just need to replace that switch. I can't find the part number to do it myself. So I need a mechanic to help me order the aftermarket part and install it for me. It's an old Lexus ES300 so it's pretty much the same as a Camry.

Can anyone please recommend an honest mechanic with a reasonable and affordable price? I can set the fan to run all the time in summer but still prefer to replace the switch.

Thanks!
30 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
3234 posts
2083 upvotes
Markham
iGarage is well known on RFD forum.
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
12821 posts
2926 upvotes
Toronto
Could try this shop. They specialize in imported cars from Japan, especially older ones. Given that most older Toyotas were imported, they might be familiar with the part. They're in Pickering.

https://www.rightdrive.ca/
Sep 12, 2003
657 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
Tony’s auto service or Essy auto service near Yonge and centre (Richmond hill).
Heatware: TheOneBarton
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2010
1723 posts
1152 upvotes
Toronto
BDSL wrote: iGarage is well known on RFD forum.
+1 iGarage gets my vote
Jul 8, 2018
380 posts
25 upvotes
Car House Automotive. Been using them for over 5 years now , honest and reliable people
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2004
3144 posts
1497 upvotes
If you’re willing to pay a bit more than most other non-dealership garages and want great work, then T-Lex.

Toyota/Lexus master mechanic who definitely knows his old camry/Avalon/solars/ES300’s inside out.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22306 posts
3166 upvotes
Should be a ~$30 part in Rockautos catalogue
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12427 posts
2145 upvotes
GTA
Did Everyone missed he is in Calgary based on the profile???
TheOneBarton wrote: Tony’s auto service or Essy auto service near Yonge and centre (Richmond hill).
ToDealHunter wrote: +1 iGarage gets my vote
CensoredByRFD wrote: If you’re willing to pay a bit more than most other non-dealership garages and want great work, then T-Lex.

Toyota/Lexus master mechanic who definitely knows his old camry/Avalon/solars/ES300’s inside out.
bizzyseller wrote: @iGarage gets my vote. Super helpful, honest and good
yao416 wrote: Too ez
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
12353 posts
4860 upvotes
Toronto
qaz393 wrote: Did Everyone missed he is in Calgary based on the profile???
I saw that but OP specifically ask a mechanic in Markham and RH.

Easy down bro.

Bulllock Auto City are very familiar with Toyota and Lexus.
On McCowan and Bullock
Last edited by MP3_SKY on Aug 10th, 2021 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
28445 posts
8906 upvotes
Hamilton
qaz393 wrote: Did Everyone missed he is in Calgary based on the profile???
Chillax broski
hated on but respected.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2009
1692 posts
1066 upvotes
Calgary
Thank you. I called them but they are on vacation atm.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2009
1692 posts
1066 upvotes
Calgary
Kasakato wrote: Should be a ~$30 part in Rockautos catalogue
Thanks for the website. But I can't find my part lol. So basically according to the service manual, the part is called NO1. ECT (Engine coolant temperature) switch (There're two of them NO1 and NO2) that goes to the radiator. But there are coolant temperature senders and sensors. I can't find switch Face With Tears Of Joy and don't know if there're any difference between No1 and No2. I called the dealer but they couldn't figure out either :facepalm: .
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4627 posts
4880 upvotes
GTA
Pretty sure it's one of these. A trip or call to the dealer parts department should find it. And any mechanic can replace it, there's nothing unique about this job or car.
Images
  • Capture.PNG
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2009
1692 posts
1066 upvotes
Calgary
derass wrote: Pretty sure it's one of these. A trip or call to the dealer parts department should find it. And any mechanic can replace it, there's nothing unique about this job or car.
Hey, thanks for search it for me. There're two parts as far as I know. 89428 and 89427. Just don't know which one.