Automotive

Any good mechanic to remove and rebuild a turbo in Toronto?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2020 10:40 pm
[OP]
Sep 16, 2020
3 posts

Any good mechanic to remove and rebuild a turbo in Toronto?

I've had an issue with my Acura RDX 2011 with turbo and I need to have a rebuild done. Does anyone know a good garage/mechanic where they can take out a turbo, rebuild it, and put it back in the car?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1801 posts
1021 upvotes
What's wrong with it? Those turbos have an actuator eye bolt that tends to get worn which will throw codes. You can get one from ebay for about $50 and it's a fairly easy DIY. Acura doesn't sell the part separately.

If you need someone to do the work, I'm pretty sure Solomon at igarage had an RDX and did turbo work on it, so he should know his way around it.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
7951 posts
1631 upvotes
Toronto
There's nothing special about working on a turbocharger. Any good shop should be able to deal with your problem.
[OP]
Sep 16, 2020
3 posts
I've replaced that little actuator part couple of months ago. Problem is wastegate rattle, worn out bearings, low power. The car is around 170k so I am thinking of just getting a turbo rebuild.
[OP]
Sep 16, 2020
3 posts
I am pretty sure the wastegate is stuck open, but apart from that I know I will have to get a rebuild sooner or later if I want the car to last.
Jun 21, 2006
760 posts
344 upvotes
unrelated to your turbo issue but if your removing the turbo you should also look at the exhaust manifold there are coolant pipes that are attached to it that usually rust out and leak
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1801 posts
1021 upvotes
You can check with Cherry Turbo on rebuild