Credit Cards

Any good promos right now for mastercards (other than BMO World Elite and PC Financial)

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2019 8:19 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 1, 2015
625 posts
188 upvotes
Calgary, AB

Any good promos right now for mastercards (other than BMO World Elite and PC Financial)

Any other mastercards offering good promotions ($200 in rewards or more) other than the BMO world elite cards and i believe pc financial WE is $100k bonus optimum points
5 replies
Mar 21, 2019
746 posts
727 upvotes
WestJet WE $250 WJ dollars, but no FYF
Aug 5, 2018
538 posts
751 upvotes
MBNA Alaska platinum or WE

GCR bonus is $60

annual fee is $75 and $99

20k miles and 30k miles
Can book AA, cathay, BA, alaska...
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14095 posts
11755 upvotes
Not Leask
The bigger the welcome bonus, the lousier the product over the long term. This gives the impression that you would like to churn. If that's the case, why not just keep churning the MC's you already have?

That aside, consider...
  1. CTFS ∆ WE. WB is a free oil change. Lousy? Maybe...but great keeper card. Get the roadside assistance fully rebated each year. Gain access to cardholder exclusive eCTM bonuses at partner stores. Earn rewards when bill paying exotic payees
  2. Some people like Rogers MC. $25-75 WB.
  3. Tangerine MC for the GCR $$. Some people like it for the 2%/3cat.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Aug 17, 2006
361 posts
310 upvotes
Seems everyone looks only at the BMO WE card only...and that included me. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the BMO Air Miles WE with 3000 miles and FFY an even greater offer? At Safeway you can redeem (Shell as well?) 95 miles for $10 meaning 3000 miles is almost $315 pretty much cash back....okay only 2 lounge passes per year. And I'm not sure but I believe you can get better value for flights with miles if you search. I'm seriously considering the card for the next cycle.
Mar 21, 2019
746 posts
727 upvotes
jammin825 wrote: Seems everyone looks only at the BMO WE card only...and that included me. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the BMO Air Miles WE with 3000 miles and FFY an even greater offer? At Safeway you can redeem (Shell as well?) 95 miles for $10 meaning 3000 miles is almost $315 pretty much cash back....okay only 2 lounge passes per year. And I'm not sure but I believe you can get better value for flights with miles if you search. I'm seriously considering the card for the next cycle.
I went for the AMWE myself.
Redeemed about half the AM so far for Ultimate Dining gift cards.
That combined with the $100 Ultimate Dining gift card for the PCMC, makes for a bunch of free dinners at Montana’s Hugging Face.
But in OP’s defence, he did say BMO WE cards.