Travel

Any good and reasonably priced hotel to stay for 2-3 days at Niagara Falls ON?

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2022 11:20 am
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 29, 2021
20 posts
10 upvotes

Any good and reasonably priced hotel to stay for 2-3 days at Niagara Falls ON?

Any good and reasonably priced hotel at Niagara Falls ON? Some hotel's per day rates appears reasonable but, parking is $20-$25/day (which kills the deal).

And,

What is the best way to get hotel stay deal like Groupon or direct hotel site or booking/hotel.com?
TIA.
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 6, 2002
9958 posts
3070 upvotes
definitely don’t post any sort of dates.
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6538 posts
3582 upvotes
Toronto
Travelzoo has been good in the past for Niagara Falls, especially when it's not high season.

Parking is a problem. There used to be a loophole for parking at the casino, but I think it has been closed now (you now have to gamble a lot more than before in order to get free parking). If the intent is to gamble anyway, that's still an option.

What do you mean by "good" and "reasonably priced"? Niagara Falls is a very touristy area (at least, near the falls), and there's a premium you pay for that, and most of the mid-range hotels are pretty dated and tired. Do you need to be overlooking the falls? Within walking distance? Willing to drive 20 minutes to save money?

There are some hotels near the Niagara outlet mall that are decent and newer (Staybridge, etc.) and reasonably priced with free parking, and around 20 minutes drive to the falls. It depends on whether you intend to be at the falls/in the touristy part of town all the time, or whether you're going to visit wineries and breweries in the region, go to Niagara on the Lake, etc. that will determine whether that's a worthwhile trade-off.
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 29, 2021
20 posts
10 upvotes
It was a first post. My apologies for missing detail.

Actually, I was and I am looking for hotel deal on - any day - whenever the prices are reasonable and can stay for 2-3 nights with spouse and 2 years old kid.
GangStarr wrote: definitely don’t post any sort of dates.
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 29, 2021
20 posts
10 upvotes
Thank you for response!

No gambling.
Preferably near-by fall. The hotels - overlooking the fall - must be expensive/day + parking + taxes etc.
I will look for Staybridge's option.

One of the neighbor booked through Groupon. However, at the hotel reception, he was given kind of a worst possible hotel room as it was booked through Groupon.
Manatus wrote: Travelzoo has been good in the past for Niagara Falls, especially when it's not high season.

Parking is a problem. There used to be a loophole for parking at the casino, but I think it has been closed now (you now have to gamble a lot more than before in order to get free parking). If the intent is to gamble anyway, that's still an option.

What do you mean by "good" and "reasonably priced"? Niagara Falls is a very touristy area (at least, near the falls), and there's a premium you pay for that, and most of the mid-range hotels are pretty dated and tired. Do you need to be overlooking the falls? Within walking distance? Willing to drive 20 minutes to save money?

There are some hotels near the Niagara outlet mall that are decent and newer (Staybridge, etc.) and reasonably priced with free parking, and around 20 minutes drive to the falls. It depends on whether you intend to be at the falls/in the touristy part of town all the time, or whether you're going to visit wineries and breweries in the region, go to Niagara on the Lake, etc. that will determine whether that's a worthwhile trade-off.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 6, 2002
9958 posts
3070 upvotes
Just4Deals wrote: It was a first post. My apologies for missing detail.

Actually, I was and I am looking for hotel deal on - any day - whenever the prices are reasonable and can stay for 2-3 nights with spouse and 2 years old kid.
It’s very vague to request this expecting others to research for you with almost zero effort of your own

Here is a handy feature of Marriott.com flexible dates per month have a look

With the announcement of lockdown of indoor dining in Ontario you won’t be tempted to hit any of the insanely overpriced garbage restaurants in Niagara Falls.

Just over a $100 a night is great deal for Niagara. The falls has its charm in deep winter.

I think 3 nights is too much 2 would be good then maybe do 2 nights at a charming bed and breakfast in Niagara on the lake.

With no dining and I’m assuming all the arcade stuff and childrens stuff shut down due to winter or lockdown (2 might be too younge anyways ) I really don’t think you’ll be doing much besides going for walks and sitting in your room. With a Fallsview and jazuzzi it can be romantic but with a 2 year I dunno could be a hassle. Get a babysitter and make it romantic I say
Images
  • 69522C4A-2F25-4D10-934E-237374597148.jpeg
  • 42910154-4C1A-473C-9779-838EF7D3A2A5.png
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
4474 posts
5463 upvotes
A fellow RFDer posted the Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara is now closed for the month.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
7021 posts
3096 upvotes
Just remembered that you could get 20% credit after you file your 2022 income taxes for Ont staycation lol
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 3, 2006
4910 posts
1560 upvotes
Just4Deals wrote: parking is $20-$25/day (which kills the deal).
Parking at $20-25 would be cheap for Niagara Falls. Hotels don't hide the fact that they're actively trying to rip people off. The outdoor lot next to Marriott on the Falls was $35 overnight in summer 2021.
Sr. Member
Jan 1, 2018
814 posts
1404 upvotes
HP_John wrote: Just remembered that you could get 20% credit after you file your 2022 income taxes for Ont staycation lol
How does this work exactly?
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2019
1458 posts
739 upvotes
Just4Deals wrote: Thank you for response!

No gambling.
Preferably near-by fall. The hotels - overlooking the fall - must be expensive/day + parking + taxes etc.
I will look for Staybridge's option.

One of the neighbor booked through Groupon. However, at the hotel reception, he was given kind of a worst possible hotel room as it was booked through Groupon.
I assume with a 2 year old you will not be roaming around too much in this weather. As you said, if you book thru Groupon or deal sites, you will be offered the cheapest/worst rooms. Most of the nicer hotels at the Falls have their own websites (see links below), not the corporate Hilton/Starwood sites - on these sites you will see package deals, some are 2 night packages and include breakfast and a voucher for dinner. Some may include parking. When I stayed at the Hilton, on-site parking was $70 so I parked at the casino and used the covered walkway to get to the hotel. Even if you do not gamble, i think the casino will charge $25/max a day and lesser for a weekday. If the casino is closed due to Covid restrictions, then the parking lot will be closed. The best views of the falls are from the Fallsview Blvd hotels - Embassy suites, Hilton, Marriott, Oaks, Casino hotel. Higher floor has better rooms. Also make sure you book a fallsview room and not a city view. Embassy can get crowded because their rooms are suites so you have a lot of big family groups staying there. If its a short break with a 2 year old, spend the money for a good view and a nice hotel - the views of the falls are great and your wife will be happy. If need be, cut back on your food bills - the restaurants are takeout only for now. The Embassy has a microwave which helps if you need to rustle up something for your 2 year old.
Here are some links :
https://niagarafallshilton.com/packages/#cfeature
https://embassysuitesniagara.com/packages.php
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 29, 2021
20 posts
10 upvotes
Thank you! Appreciated!
vernonco wrote: I assume with a 2 year old you will not be roaming around too much in this weather. As you said, if you book thru Groupon or deal sites, you will be offered the cheapest/worst rooms. Most of the nicer hotels at the Falls have their own websites (see links below), not the corporate Hilton/Starwood sites - on these sites you will see package deals, some are 2 night packages and include breakfast and a voucher for dinner. Some may include parking. When I stayed at the Hilton, on-site parking was $70 so I parked at the casino and used the covered walkway to get to the hotel. Even if you do not gamble, i think the casino will charge $25/max a day and lesser for a weekday. If the casino is closed due to Covid restrictions, then the parking lot will be closed. The best views of the falls are from the Fallsview Blvd hotels - Embassy suites, Hilton, Marriott, Oaks, Casino hotel. Higher floor has better rooms. Also make sure you book a fallsview room and not a city view. Embassy can get crowded because their rooms are suites so you have a lot of big family groups staying there. If its a short break with a 2 year old, spend the money for a good view and a nice hotel - the views of the falls are great and your wife will be happy. If need be, cut back on your food bills - the restaurants are takeout only for now. The Embassy has a microwave which helps if you need to rustle up something for your 2 year old.
Here are some links :
https://niagarafallshilton.com/packages/#cfeature
https://embassysuitesniagara.com/packages.php
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 29, 2021
20 posts
10 upvotes
I did search by myself, and also asked colleagues. However, it was inconclusive. Then, a colleague strongly suggested to keep this request question on RFD. Thank you very much for your response and information!
GangStarr wrote: It’s very vague to request this expecting others to research for you with almost zero effort of your own

Here is a handy feature of Marriott.com flexible dates per month have a look

With the announcement of lockdown of indoor dining in Ontario you won’t be tempted to hit any of the insanely overpriced garbage restaurants in Niagara Falls.

Just over a $100 a night is great deal for Niagara. The falls has its charm in deep winter.

I think 3 nights is too much 2 would be good then maybe do 2 nights at a charming bed and breakfast in Niagara on the lake.

With no dining and I’m assuming all the arcade stuff and childrens stuff shut down due to winter or lockdown (2 might be too younge anyways ) I really don’t think you’ll be doing much besides going for walks and sitting in your room. With a Fallsview and jazuzzi it can be romantic but with a 2 year I dunno could be a hassle. Get a babysitter and make it romantic I say
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
7021 posts
3096 upvotes
KevinT277396 wrote: How does this work exactly?
You pay upfront as usual, when you file your 2022 income taxes you will be able to claim it, essentially a 20% credit. Even if your income taxes are $0, you will still get back the 20% credit. Individuals are allowed to claim a $200 credit (based off $1000 spend on accommodation) or if you have a family (spouse) then you can claim up to $400 credit (based off $2000 spend on accommodation)
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2019
1458 posts
739 upvotes
Just4Deals wrote: Thank you! Appreciated!
Just got an email that the casino's are closed till the current round of restrictions are lifted. However they specifically mentioned that their parking garage upto 5 levels will remain open.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 6, 2007
1667 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto
Any hotel price now would be considered a good deal. Prices get crazy in high season May to September. Even more crazy on Friday and Saturdays during those months.

You've already noticed the parking fees but make sure you look at the resort fees as well.

Hotels that are not near the strip often don't charge for parking and there are some $5 parking lots that require a 10 minute walk. Agree with others keep an eye on those Travelzoo weekly deals which include discounts at Keg, Ruth Chris, TGIF, etc. Also consider an AirBNB where parking is free at the person's home.

Yes, use your Ontario Staycation tax credit.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)