2750 upvotes
Durham
waven101 wrote: any good video card deals out there
Banggood
Amazon
BestBuy
Canada computers
newegg
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Dec 22, 2012
171 posts
39 upvotes
jdmfishingonly wrote: Banggood
Amazon
BestBuy
Canada computers
newegg
Why even bother responding?

I've been looking for a bit but it seems that now is not the best time to build a pc and nvme drives are the only parts seeing any real deals. I'm pretty sure the new lineups of GPU's are due out in the next month or two so prices of current cards should drop then
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2873 posts
221 upvotes
Burlington
Sadly, even in the used market its been hard to find good products at reasonable price. I've scrounged up a few options in my last couple builds that were affordable but not great pricing. What are you looking for in a gpu? Maybe we can help direct you better?
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
7322 posts
3907 upvotes
Debtario
Nope. Be on the lookout, otherwise expect to pay if you want to play.

The GTX 1660 deal for $220 late last month was the best I've seen in a very long time, there was also a 1660 super that popped up but that was OOS instantly.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Jun 9, 2012
470 posts
318 upvotes
Vancouver
For used graphics cards only the RX 580/480 are a good deal. They are sold around $150 for each.

On Nvidia your only option is getting a 1060 mining card (p106-90 or -100). I wouldn't recommend those cards cause they need to use outdated drivers (which some games do not allow). Requires an igpu, at least a 4th gen Intel. Does not support shadowplay or video encoding = can't video capture desktop from the GeForce overlay nor support Nvidia gamestream.
Nov 28, 2017
792 posts
799 upvotes
Seems kind of a broad question. What level of card do you want?

Or failing that, what resolution/FPS are you targeting?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3332 upvotes
i am looking for a 2080 or 2070 super if they can drop in price for quite a bit. not quite worried about the next gen. i just want to pay the least for this much power. i wouldve expected stores to have clearance already.
i have just built a computer with 32gb ram 10400 so i can go on intel graphics for a few weeks. i have bought a 2k monitor with gsync 144hz, i am pre ordering the reverb g2 .
Nov 28, 2017
792 posts
799 upvotes
waven101 wrote: i have just built a computer with 32gb ram 10400
At that level, i would not be expecting much right now. Not sure why they would be clearance as those cards are current release. New cards need a release date, then need to meet it, their pricing guidance has to be announced, and then stores have to be able to stock them in a pandemic that could be getting worse again with weather turning by the time they arrive. I havent seen more than 50 bucks off any of these cards except in bundles, and it sounds like the rest of your system is build.

Off topic, why 32 GB ram? Seems excessive. That's about 80 more bucks that could have gone into a card. Especially on an I5?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3332 upvotes
nevyn1234 wrote: At that level, i would not be expecting much right now. Not sure why they would be clearance as those cards are current release. New cards need a release date, then need to meet it, their pricing guidance has to be announced, and then stores have to be able to stock them in a pandemic that could be getting worse again with weather turning by the time they arrive. I havent seen more than 50 bucks off any of these cards except in bundles, and it sounds like the rest of your system is build.

Off topic, why 32 GB ram? Seems excessive. That's about 80 more bucks that could have gone into a card. Especially on an I5?
at 130.00 for 32 gb ram, it was too great of a deal for ram i didnt pass on. vr does require a bit more ram if you play games and are multitasking if you use other programs like vorpx i can expect a little more even tho most is on vram the ram is also important.
i saved on everything else from motherboard to wifi adapter, even keyboard and mouse. the case was just a 50.00 case and i kept in matx to keep it cheaper than mitx, it was a combo for the motherboard an i5 too so i saved like 40.00 at least extra 40.
this is my main hobby and never actually treated myself properly always went with low to mid range. my price range is 1400.00 for the gpu.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
4786 posts
1852 upvotes
the window for "clearance" price on GPU is usually very small or non existent. Basically have to get lucky. With $1400 you should be at 2080 super + level.. or whatever the new 3080 will be. Rumor has it 3000series be 30-40% faster than 2000series? It'll be coming in Sept/oct so might as well wait the 2 months and see how things play out. Cause if you buy now.. you'll feel the buyer's remorse with the new release happening so soon.... :(