Home & Garden

Any GTA-area nurseries or stores with discount flowers (annuals) for sale?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2020 7:25 am
[OP]
Feb 24, 2003
397 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto

Any GTA-area nurseries or stores with discount flowers (annuals) for sale?

I know I'm planting late in the season, but I just built some flower boxes and was hoping to put some inexpensive annuals in them. Any sales going on at the moment?
Thanks!
-BB
6 replies
[OP]
Feb 24, 2003
397 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks. That's been my experience so far :(
Going to take a drive around shortly and see if I can find something.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
11089 posts
4338 upvotes
Nurseries have had low stock on some plants all summer. Now is a bit too late, try some of the larger ones like Humber Nurseries
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
3440 posts
2217 upvotes
Mississauga
Nurseries have pretty much run out of plants. I wanted to add few cedars to my backyard back in June. I could hardly find anything, and whatever was available, was quite pricey.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2015
1550 posts
672 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Its been a really weird year for garden centres. I found that once they sold their initial deliveries, there weren't anymore. Usually we'd get flats on sale for $10, not this year and as noted, everything was gone pretty quick. I'm still trying to find a few to fill in here-and there, I'd advise trying the convenience stores or small florists, e.g., there's one at the corner of Avenue Road and Dunblaine and in the west end: Bloor Village Flowers and Bloor Kennedy Flowers, both at Bloor and Runnymede. Nothing will be cheap. In another month the fall flowers like mums and ornamental peppers will be out, might want to wait for those.
[OP]
Feb 24, 2003
397 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
I hit the big box stores in the Junction area yesterday. Canadian Tire had limited supply of annuals for $1.50 per container. These are the tiny sized containers with 4 individual seedlings. Some of the containers had 4 seedlings, some has 3 or 2. It was definitely "B-grade" product, but the price was right so I picked a bunch up.

Thanks for all the feedback all!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)