Computers & Electronics

Any ideas where I can buy (or how to build) a floor stand monitor pole + arm like this one?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2021 11:15 am
Jan 17, 2018
422 posts
235 upvotes

Any ideas where I can buy (or how to build) a floor stand monitor pole + arm like this one?

22 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24669 posts
8739 upvotes
Toronto
Do you need a moveable free stand? or can hook it up to the bed suffice?

The Aduro gooseneck tablet mount/stand might work if you are ok to clip it to your bed's headboard:

https://www.aduroproducts.com/products/ ... ith-holder

Above pic was found here: dollarama-aduro-gooseneck-tablet-mount- ... #p29670419

The black holder looks to be a different version but gives you the idea how this works....

Previous RFD thread that found this product being sold for $4 at Dollarama

dollarama-aduro-gooseneck-tablet-mount-stand-4-2214042/
Jan 17, 2018
422 posts
235 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote: Do you need a moveable free stand? or can hook it up to the bed suffice?

The Aduro gooseneck tablet mount/stand might work if you are ok to clip it to your bed's headboard:

https://www.aduroproducts.com/products/ ... ith-holder

Above pic was found here: dollarama-aduro-gooseneck-tablet-mount- ... #p29670419

The black holder looks to be a different version but gives you the idea how this works....

Previous RFD thread that found this product being sold for $4 at Dollarama

dollarama-aduro-gooseneck-tablet-mount-stand-4-2214042/
Thanks for the reply. I need a monitor stand because also trying to get some work done with this setup.

In the meantime I'm going to look for one of those tablet holder arms. It could be a good temporary solution.

That thread was last updated in 2018, have you seen any at Dollarama recently?
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24669 posts
8739 upvotes
Toronto
CaptainD wrote: Thanks for the reply. I need a monitor stand because also trying to get some work done with this setup.

In the meantime I'm going to look for one of those tablet holder arms. It could be a good temporary solution.

That thread was last updated in 2018, have you seen any at Dollarama recently?
I haven't really been in a Dollarama recently but will probably go this weekend to find Ketchup Cheetos - will keep my eye out for this product. Stay tuned!
Jan 17, 2018
422 posts
235 upvotes
I found a desk that would work perfect for this setup but shipping is too expensive because it ships from Florida.
Has anyone seen a solid desk/printer cart like this from a Canadian store?

Jan 17, 2018
422 posts
235 upvotes
zerod wrote: Does your bed have a thin/level headboard, like the ones pictured?
A desk monitor mount could clamp onto one, if you do.
Your monitor just needs to have the VESA mounting holes (same goes for your other options).

Staples has a few of those carts:
https://www.staples.ca/collections/carts-stands-75
My bed has a headboard but I wouldn't trust it with anything heavier than a small tablet.
Aug 18, 2013
475 posts
879 upvotes
Next door
You could probably use a photography C stand and suitable arms/brackets.

Check B&H Photo for Manfrotto / Avenger or Matthews brand monitor stands and arms. A quick search showed an FSI Solutions VESA to C-stand adapter.

It won’t be cheap but this is pro level stuff compared to what you will see at Aliexpress.

B&H shipping to Canada is fast, accurate and hassle-free. You can also compare at Henry’s or Vistek.
Jan 17, 2018
422 posts
235 upvotes
notunknown wrote: You could probably use a photography C stand and suitable arms/brackets.

Check B&H Photo for Manfrotto / Avenger or Matthews brand monitor stands and arms. A quick search showed an FSI Solutions VESA to C-stand adapter.

It won’t be cheap but this is pro level stuff compared to what you will see at Aliexpress.

B&H shipping to Canada is fast, accurate and hassle-free. You can also compare at Henry’s or Vistek.
Would a 15-20" long monitor arm + 20lb monitor be stable on one of those stands? On all the photographer stands that I can find the camera/monitor is mounted very close to the pole.

An idea I had is maybe getting a tv stand and mounting the arm to one of poles (without installing the tv).

This is the monitor mount I have right now.
VIVO Single Monitor Desk Mount, Extra Tall Fully Adjustable Stand
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0155LJATK/
I originally planned to move my desk beside the bed but the desk is too weak and shaky to clamp on the monitor mount.
Aug 18, 2013
475 posts
879 upvotes
Next door
CaptainD wrote: Would a 15-20" long monitor arm + 20lb monitor be stable on one of those stands? On all the photographer stands that I can find the camera/monitor is mounted very close to the pole.

An idea I had is maybe getting a tv stand and mounting the arm to one of poles (without installing the tv).

This is the monitor mount I have right now.
VIVO Single Monitor Desk Mount, Extra Tall Fully Adjustable Stand
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0155LJATK/
I originally planned to move my desk beside the bed but the desk is too weak and shaky to clamp on the monitor mount.
The 20 lb weight being too far from the pole is certainly the major issue. Not sure what to tell you unless the manufacturers have a suggestion. Sandbags are commonly used by photographers to hold a stand down.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2006
1506 posts
1351 upvotes
Ottawa
I'd dual monitor it and mount one securely to the ceiling like they do at the dentist office.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24669 posts
8739 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote: I haven't really been in a Dollarama recently but will probably go this weekend to find Ketchup Cheetos - will keep my eye out for this product. Stay tuned!
stopped by my local Dollarama on Saturday & unfortunately didn't find the Aduro gooseneck tablet mount/stand.

Apologies.....but I did find plenty of Ketchup Cheetos & Ketchup Doritos!!!
Jan 17, 2018
422 posts
235 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote: stopped by my local Dollarama on Saturday & unfortunately didn't find the Aduro gooseneck tablet mount/stand.

Apologies.....but I did find plenty of Ketchup Cheetos & Ketchup Doritos!!!
Thanks for checking. Doesn't look like it's available at any dollarama stores here either.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16514 posts
3319 upvotes
You could also do this
Blacklisted companies: Roku, Lenovo, Motorola, TP-Link, D-Link, Samsung, HP, LG, Public Mobile, EVGA, Blizzard
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2007
2379 posts
504 upvotes
Vancouver
Hi,

Isn't that just a nightstand with a keyboard & monitor arm on casters? If you're handy, you could buy a cheap nightstand from Wayfair or Ikea & build your own mobile computer cabinet.
Jan 17, 2018
422 posts
235 upvotes
Fraser River Rat wrote: Hi,

Isn't that just a nightstand with a keyboard & monitor arm on casters? If you're handy, you could buy a cheap nightstand from Wayfair or Ikea & build your own mobile computer cabinet.
I've been looking into nightstands but I haven't found any that seem solid enough to handle the weight of a monitor arm + monitor hanging off the side. If you see any please let me know.