[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
7199 posts
680 upvotes
Richmond Hill

Any internet deal plans right now?

Hey all,

wondering if there are any new internet deal plans right now i.e. the rogers $40/month price match with bell fibre for condos? Is there any way to check to see if a condo building has bell fibre access?

Thanks in advance.
9 replies
Dec 15, 2009
178 posts
11 upvotes
following. I see the CanNet and CarryTel deals. Any opinions as to one over the other?

We actually have the Rogers $35/month 20M/100G plan, which is fine, but the modem sucks and trying to set up VOIP is ridiculous.
Jul 11, 2017
635 posts
756 upvotes
Xplonet has a great deal $100/month for 300Gb, 25meg down! There soo great that they'll throttle your service down to 2meg while you are awake, so you don't get addicted to the Internet! Oh the joys of living in the country, can't wait until 5G unlimited plans come out!
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2003
1438 posts
168 upvotes
Woodbridge
You really should use the search function on the hot deals or ongoing deals forums. You'll get better answers there.
Feb 5, 2007
692 posts
296 upvotes
Mississauga
I just signed up for Carrytel DSL FTTN 50MB/unlim for $40/month+$40 modem. Modem was recently changed to TPLINKWP9970. Appointment next week in Mississauga.

Should be fine as I'm already with CIK FTTN (bell carrier) and should be same service. Only issue is based on research Carrytel uses Cogent as backbone upstream and they block pirating sites. (carrytel doesn't block but cogent does)
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
3643 posts
2517 upvotes
Toronto
leeoku wrote: I just signed up for Carrytel DSL FTTN 50MB/unlim for $40/month+$40 modem. Modem was recently changed to TPLINKWP9970. Appointment next week in Mississauga.

Should be fine as I'm already with CIK FTTN (bell carrier) and should be same service. Only issue is based on research Carrytel uses Cogent as backbone upstream and they block pirating sites. (carrytel doesn't block but cogent does)
So do you think t0rrent sites would be blocked?
Feb 5, 2007
692 posts
296 upvotes
Mississauga
I'll let you know after I get it installed. Some issues happened with Bell and rescheuduled end of month.
Feb 5, 2007
692 posts
296 upvotes
Mississauga
just had it installed. 50/10 advertised, got 35/7 in mississauga. I wasn't home but my dad said the Bell tech was really helpful even set up the modem. I tried all sites and they work, albeit some of the sites I frequent are slower
Sep 27, 2015
265 posts
187 upvotes
Pickering, ON
+Bump.

I want to get out of my Bell Fibe 50 plan too... too much money....