• Dec 26th, 2019 10:18 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2005
2346 posts
253 upvotes

Any Microwave Deals?

Just fried my microwave making Christmas dinner. Any good deals?
3 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2006
3690 posts
190 upvotes
Montreal
I picked up whichever Panasonic model has the "cyclonic inverter technology" after years of failing to care about reading what makes 1 microwave different from another. I'm pretty satisfied. It doesn't require too much fussing and has an option to turn off the beep.
Heatware: 2-0-0
eBay: 69-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9994 posts
2640 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Canadian Tire have a couple Panasonic's, depends on the size you want.

I downsized from a 1.2cu to 0.9, was taking way too much counter space (also wouldn't have fitted into future 24" cabinets lol
Jan 26, 2011
543 posts
335 upvotes
Gatineau
When my Panasonic died I was not impressed by what was on the market (either crap or the same thing with a more modern look for a ton more money) so I ended up buying my same model for almost nothing on Kijiji, but in the white colour that everybody hated, so it cost me $30, and I replaced the magnetron that failed in my microwave. It's been running like new for years now. The brand new magnetron from the part store was $100, if you're willing to get brand new it will always be cheaper to repair than to replace, but getting the old microwave allowed me to troubleshoot what the problem was (I had no idea what failed until I swapped the parts).