Food & Drink

Any new restaurants in Mississauga or Etobicoke lately?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2024 9:50 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9925 posts
7089 upvotes
Mississauga
Was just about to post the new place where that Swiss Chalet used to be.

The Royal Rajwada crashed and burned awfully quick...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2002
7197 posts
2000 upvotes
mrweather wrote: Was just about to post the new place where that Swiss Chalet used to be.

The Royal Rajwada crashed and burned awfully quick...
Went in Royal once to check it out ...place was awful ...not surprised it closed. Honestly you have to think of these business people have any idea to make a restaurant appealing
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9925 posts
7089 upvotes
Mississauga
I literally drove by that place every day and literally saw no cars ever parked there. Makes me wonder if it was a front for something else…
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
mrweather wrote: I literally drove by that place every day and literally saw no cars ever parked there. Makes me wonder if it was a front for something else…
So the people who worked there used public transit to get there? No company vehicles??
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9925 posts
7089 upvotes
Mississauga
I dunno. Maybe it was a family restaurant and they all car pooled.

I mean, the restaurant and open sign were lit but I don't ever recall seeing any customers. Though to be fair, the Harvey's next door is pretty dead too.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9295 posts
3156 upvotes
Mississauga
Halibut House took over the Five Guys location at Dundas & Dixie, and has $12.99 Haddock and Fries on Sunday and Monday.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6484 posts
2389 upvotes
Mississauga
Raggie wrote: Halibut House took over the Five Guys location at Dundas & Dixie, and has $12.99 Haddock and Fries on Sunday and Monday.
i was here almost a month ago .. didn't know it was a recent opening.... went on Wednesday so cod & chips was the special for $12.99..... big portions... especially the chips... couldn't finish.... also like the tartar in a bottle so i can use as much as i need...lol....5 White Medium Star from me for this place
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9295 posts
3156 upvotes
Mississauga
Ducky wrote: i was here almost a month ago .. didn't know it was a recent opening.... went on Wednesday so cod & chips was the special for $12.99..... big portions... especially the chips... couldn't finish.... also like the tartar in a bottle so i can use as much as i need...lol....5 White Medium Star from me for this place
I only noticed the sign a few months ago. I think I'll go for their Haddock special tomorrow. I've been to the Halibut House in Oakville.
Feb 5, 2007
889 posts
473 upvotes
Mississauga
Tried thai barn na and had the khao soi in mississauga china town. It was really good like their brown line location. just too tiny location tho
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2733 posts
3964 upvotes
leeoku wrote: Tried thai barn na and had the khao soi in mississauga china town. It was really good like their brown line location. just too tiny location tho
I just tried Thai Barn Na for the first time (Brown's Line location). If the Mississauga location is as good, I'm so happy there's a good khao soi option in Mississauga finally.
Feb 5, 2007
889 posts
473 upvotes
Mississauga
have you tried more thai? I heard good things
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52935 posts
18144 upvotes
ONTARIO
Ducky wrote: i was here almost a month ago .. didn't know it was a recent opening.... went on Wednesday so cod & chips was the special for $12.99..... big portions... especially the chips... couldn't finish.... also like the tartar in a bottle so i can use as much as i need...lol....5 White Medium Star from me for this place
Thats amazing. Damn places are always stingy on the tartar sauce. Why? Tartar sauce is the #1 driver in Fish & Chips restaurant success.

Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9295 posts
3156 upvotes
Mississauga
leeoku wrote: Tried thai barn na and had the khao soi in mississauga china town. It was really good like their brown line location. just too tiny location tho
13inches wrote: I just tried Thai Barn Na for the first time (Brown's Line location). If the Mississauga location is as good, I'm so happy there's a good khao soi option in Mississauga finally.
I just tried the Mississauga location tonight and enjoyed it. Spent $80 on two dishes, one dessert and two teas. it's nice inside, people made reservations cuz it's small inside.