Food & Drink

Any new restaurants in Mississauga or Etobicoke lately?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 8:02 pm
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
11805 posts
2348 upvotes
sabesh wrote: Let me know what you think: A lot of Google reviews are disturbing, with regards to it's owner.
All those negative reviews on the owner, still comments on the food being good. Makes me want to try it out even more... and stay for the entertainment.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8486 posts
2432 upvotes
Mississauga
sabesh wrote: Let me know what you think: A lot of Google reviews are disturbing, with regards to it's owner.
Okay it's delicious! And service is good! Much better than Burgers Priest! I'm eating the lamb burger with fries combo. Also delicious french fries.

My new fave burger joint. And it's so close to home!
Images
  • IMG_20200311_165220.jpg
  • IMG_20200311_165212.jpg
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
1733 posts
261 upvotes
Mississauga
Raggie wrote: Okay it's delicious! And service is good! Much better than Burgers Priest! I'm eating the lamb burger with fries combo. Also delicious french fries.

My new fave burger joint. And it's so close to home!

I just tried it out (takeout). It's pretty good and on par with the original location at Kensington. The owner wasn't there, and the service was decent (it's just a pickup order). I had the Lamb burger with grilled mushrooms added.

I would say that it's at the same level as the other Halal burger joints: Gladiator and Top Gun. They are all pretty good, and it's great to have one of them (Ozzy's) located close to where I live! Burger's Priest is still my favourite, as I love their choice of toppings and buns.

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8486 posts
2432 upvotes
Mississauga
sabesh wrote: I just tried it out (takeout). It's pretty good and on par with the original location at Kensington. The owner wasn't there, and the service was decent (it's just a pickup order). I had the Lamb burger with grilled mushrooms added.

I would say that it's at the same level as the other Halal burger joints: Gladiator and Top Gun. They are all pretty good, and it's great to have one of them (Ozzy's) located close to where I live! Burger's Priest is still my favourite, as I love their choice of toppings and buns.

It's sloppy to eat but the size is huge and tastes good. I had the lambburger with guacamole.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
1733 posts
261 upvotes
Mississauga
Raggie wrote: It's sloppy to eat but the size is huge and tastes good. I had the lambburger with guacamole.
I had the same thing - added grilled mushrooms to it.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8486 posts
2432 upvotes
Mississauga
I think those negative google reviews for Ozzy's Burgers are suspicious. They're all from first time posters and they're all smearing the owner. No comment about the food.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
2362 posts
1675 upvotes
Toronto
Raggie wrote: I think those negative google reviews for Ozzy's Burgers are suspicious. They're all from first time posters and they're all smearing the owner. No comment about the food.
Some of the comments I read said the food was good but the issue was the owner or customer service.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8486 posts
2432 upvotes
Mississauga
WMPCOT wrote: Some of the comments I read said the food was good but the issue was the owner or customer service.
And all those are from one time posters. I think they're suspicious.
I had no issues when I went two days ago. I thought the service was great.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8486 posts
2432 upvotes
Mississauga
13inches wrote: Has anyone tried the lamb burger there?

:lol:
@sabesh and I have.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8486 posts
2432 upvotes
Mississauga
I don't know if they deliver but Congee Queen is open for take out.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2232 posts
2765 upvotes
I went to Dixie Park (Eastgate) for lunch on Friday and only Arigato was open. I'm guessing the other shops open for dinner.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
4020 posts
789 upvotes
West Side GTA
Raggie wrote: I don't know if they deliver but Congee Queen is open for take out.
Thanks! If anyone is curious their menu is here

Would like to support local small restaurants, but I don't know what's open and Google tells me the hours are mainly (Unknown) for most. Anyone know if Asian bakeries are open?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5694 posts
1502 upvotes
Mississauga
-=phelan=- wrote: Thanks! If anyone is curious their menu is here

Would like to support local small restaurants, but I don't know what's open and Google tells me the hours are mainly (Unknown) for most. Anyone know if Asian bakeries are open?
papa johns bakery is... as far as i know... it's the only edible bakery in sauga imo...