Food & Drink

Any new restaurants in Mississauga or Etobicoke lately?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2020 4:32 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2236 posts
2779 upvotes
Since the pandemic started I have not been to any of these places so due diligence is required before visiting.

I have had excellent Laksa at the following:

Lotus Tea House (vegetarian only)
Lion City
Breakfast ING
Dec 7, 2011
716 posts
370 upvotes
Toronto
-=phelan=- wrote: Hey where do you guys recommend to go for Laksa noodles during "COVID" times ? I've been craving it as I haven't been back to the east side of town where I normally go for this stuff (resto-malaysia).

Thanks for any heads up.
I don't think there's too many places in the west end that has laksa. I usually head east. Had it yesterday from Samara kitchen . Breakfast ING is my other usual spot for Mississauga. Both decent but nothing like the ones in the east side. Haven't had Lion city in awhile so I can't comment on theirs.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
3577 posts
1382 upvotes
Mississauga
The Hot Avocado in Mississauga is very very good. Very high quality and fresh ingredients. I got keto bowl from them and keep on going back after that. Small place but highly recommend.
May 6, 2005
885 posts
25 upvotes
Not sure if this is old news, but just saw that Adamson BBQ opening by Royal York/Queensway (near Great Lakes Brewery)

Jul 20, 2012
675 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto
Drove by the old Bier Markt across from Sherway Gardens.
Earl's is taking over that space and opening sometime in 2021
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2055 posts
776 upvotes
-=phelan=- wrote: Hey where do you guys recommend to go for Laksa noodles during "COVID" times ? I've been craving it as I haven't been back to the east side of town where I normally go for this stuff (resto-malaysia).

Thanks for any heads up.
There is a place call Lion City in Golden square. They are pretty good. These folks came from Singapore.
Any man who tells you he enjoys a cold shower will lie about other things

Ronald Reagan
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2055 posts
776 upvotes
Chili Chi-Lee BBQ Open a while back around sq1 area.
Any man who tells you he enjoys a cold shower will lie about other things

Ronald Reagan
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2007
1790 posts
211 upvotes
Mississauga
New Indian/Hakka place up in the Shoppers Drug Mart plaza at Derry road and Bellshire (close to financial drive)...

It's called Urban Masala - we've tried it a few times and it's pretty good.... Would recommend

4th restaurant in this location in the last few years..quiznos, la mill, sahara and now this one. Wish these guys luck.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
4025 posts
792 upvotes
West Side GTA
jandumm wrote: New Indian/Hakka place up in the Shoppers Drug Mart plaza at Derry road and Bellshire (close to financial drive)...

It's called Urban Masala - we've tried it a few times and it's pretty good.... Would recommend

4th restaurant in this location in the last few years..quiznos, la mill, sahara and now this one. Wish these guys luck.
Didn't even know there was a plaza past the financial drive area lol...will have to check it out sometime.

Hey there's also some Hakka restaurant in the Chalo's plaza on Mississauga Road near Steeles. Forgot the name, can anyone chime in?
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
4951 posts
2041 upvotes
jandumm wrote: New Indian/Hakka place up in the Shoppers Drug Mart plaza at Derry road and Bellshire (close to financial drive)...

I feel popularity of hakka places has died down.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2007
1790 posts
211 upvotes
Mississauga
ar2020 wrote: I feel popularity of hakka places has died down.
Yah agreed - haven't tried the hakka from this place. We've tried the indian and liked it. Preferred it in comparision to Dahl Roti which is down the street.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17865 posts
924 upvotes

La Mill is toast already eh?
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17865 posts
924 upvotes
ar2020 wrote: I feel popularity of hakka places has died down.
Too many really bad ones around. Every time we'd try places that weren't the best ones like Chili Chicken House the meals would be so bad we often wouldn't even want to finish them

This being said I miss New China Garden in Brampton big time since moving
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2007
1790 posts
211 upvotes
Mississauga
duckdown wrote: La Mill is toast already eh?
Yeah the La Mill Bellshire location was gone before CoVID started. I tried it a few times but it just didn't do it for me - also had issues like hair in my food (ugh).

I think they tried opening a Indo-Pak cuisine place called Sahara the week the lockdown started back in March - which was the worst possible timing ever.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17865 posts
924 upvotes
jandumm wrote: Yeah the La Mill Bellshire location was gone before CoVID started. I tried it a few times but it just didn't do it for me - also had issues like hair in my food (ugh).
Yup exact same here, I used to actually like the Quizno's that was there before it better :/

La Mill similar experience, went a couple times when they first opened and I actually found the one employee to be weirdly aggressive, it was this young dude that seemed to have borderline mental issues the way he'd angrily slop the food together.. No care went into it