Food & Drink

Any new restaurants in Mississauga or Etobicoke lately?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 8:02 pm
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
14704 posts
2706 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
ar2020 wrote: I feel popularity of hakka places has died down.
Yeah, as the awareness and understanding of health / fitness / nutrition went up. I used to chug down Hakka, and now I get sick eating it..
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8486 posts
2432 upvotes
Mississauga
Oh wow! I can't believe we started this thread 9 years ago and it's still going strong! I remember it like yesterday. Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes

Anyway ...
Shawarma Box at Dixie and Eglinton. Very good, big chunks of chicken and pop free with shawarma box.
Huevos Gourmet only open for brunch and lunch in Port Credit. SO GOOD, high quality and very authentic.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
1732 posts
260 upvotes
Mississauga
Raggie wrote: Oh wow! I can't believe we started this thread 9 years ago and it's still going strong! I remember it like yesterday. Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes

Anyway ...
Shawarma Box at Dixie and Eglinton. Very good, big chunks of chicken and pop free with shawarma box.
Huevos Gourmet only open for brunch and lunch in Port Credit. SO GOOD, high quality and very authentic.
Yo! Sushi close to us is pretty good. It's replaced Sora Sushi.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17864 posts
919 upvotes
Raggie wrote: big chunks of chicken
damn, that's my least favorite thing to see in a shawarma.. I usually like places that use those electric shavers for this reason.. Or places that just cut it thinly sliced
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8486 posts
2432 upvotes
Mississauga
sabesh wrote: Yo! Sushi close to us is pretty good. It's replaced Sora Sushi.
I saw that today. Are they the same owners?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8486 posts
2432 upvotes
Mississauga
duckdown wrote: damn, that's my least favorite thing to see in a shawarma.. I usually like places that use those electric shavers for this reason.. Or places that just cut it thinly sliced
It was good tho. And the place is clean. I've been having trouble finding a good shawarma place lately. Shawarma Box is a bit far from me but I'll make a point to go there when I'm wanting shawarma. The only thing next time is I'll need to ask no salad dressing so the salad doesn't become soggy.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5693 posts
1502 upvotes
Mississauga
Raggie wrote: It was good tho. And the place is clean. I've been having trouble finding a good shawarma place lately. Shawarma Box is a bit far from me but I'll make a point to go there when I'm wanting shawarma. The only thing next time is I'll need to ask no salad dressing so the salad doesn't become soggy.
i like shawarnado.... tomken/eglinton
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
1732 posts
260 upvotes
Mississauga
Raggie wrote: I saw that today. Are they the same owners?
No, new owners. Japanese.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8486 posts
2432 upvotes
Mississauga
sabesh wrote: No, new owners. Japanese.
They're really good, I just tried it today. I think they've underpriced themselves. Wonder if its a strategy and they'll raise their prices soon.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
5720 posts
1848 upvotes
Raggie wrote: They're really good, I just tried it today. I think they've underpriced themselves. Wonder if its a strategy and they'll raise their prices soon.
I don't know if they don't understand economics but the quality of sushi is too good for that price point. Maybe they're doing it to get customers in the beginning, & later they will raise prices. I think it's absolutely excellent for that price point. Can't really think of anywhere that has that level of quality chirashidon for under $20
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8486 posts
2432 upvotes
Mississauga
HP_John wrote: I don't know if they don't understand economics but the quality of sushi is too good for that price point. Maybe they're doing it to get customers in the beginning, & later they will raise prices. I think it's absolutely excellent for that price point. Can't really think of anywhere that has that level of quality chirashidon for under $20
I had the Deluxe Kaisendon and they gave me extra pieces of fish. There was even sea urchin (sea urchin is expensive).
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2012
3082 posts
324 upvotes
Mississauga
Tried Big Rig Kitchen & Brewery for Brunch on the weekend was average at best.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2009
1479 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto
Is the Yo! sushi conveyor belt? it shows on google maps as the same company from Europe? Conveyor belt sushi chain.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
5720 posts
1848 upvotes
darkspider wrote: Is the Yo! sushi conveyor belt? it shows on google maps as the same company from Europe? Conveyor belt sushi chain.
Not the same
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
5720 posts
1848 upvotes
Raggie wrote: I had the Deluxe Kaisendon and they gave me extra pieces of fish. There was even sea urchin (sea urchin is expensive).
I got deluxe charashidon & yea, it is definitely unusual to get sea urchin in a sub $20 charashidon. Great value for what I paid