Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 19, 2005
328 posts
61 upvotes
Canada

Any Oakley deals this Boxing Week?

I've been in the market for a pair of Oakley Flak Jacket XLJ Polarized sunglasses for over a year, but $235 positively makes my anus pucker. Any Boxing Week options for the fashion-conscious-yet-RFD-cheap shopper?
/bw
5 replies
Deal Addict
May 11, 2009
4889 posts
1645 upvotes
Debtario
Just wait it out, they'll go on sale but it may be a while.

I'd check the Oakley sale site from time to time, http://ca.oakley.com/en/mens/sale/sale- ... ory/m11001 selection and pricing varies wildly almost daily and no free shipping, but something should come up eventually.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
13259 posts
4355 upvotes
Ottawa
are you on their mailing list. I bought some stuff from them last year and this year I got received an email with a 30% one time use coupon in early Dec. Bought some new glasses for myself already
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4111 upvotes
Ottawa
blackwind wrote: I've been in the market for a pair of Oakley Flak Jacket XLJ Polarized sunglasses for over a year, but $235 positively makes my anus pucker. Any Boxing Week options for the fashion-conscious-yet-RFD-cheap shopper?
They're $195 today. Check the site every day the prices change daily.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
[OP]
Jan 19, 2005
328 posts
61 upvotes
Canada
M1K3Z0R wrote: I'd check the Oakley sale site from time to time, http://ca.oakley.com/en/mens/sale/sale- ... ory/m11001 selection and pricing varies wildly almost daily and no free shipping, but something should come up eventually.
I've been monitoring that exact page for quite some time, but nothing's caught my eye as of yet. Seems like they only put generic, dollar-store-like frames and weird goggles with weird lenses (like the Prizm Golf ones) on sale.
warpdrive wrote: are you on their mailing list. I bought some stuff from them last year and this year I got received an email with a 30% one time use coupon in early Dec. Bought some new glasses for myself already
I saw someone else mention on the forum months back that they send out coupons, so I registered an account and indicated that I'm interested in sunglasses in account preferences, but still haven't received anything -- no coupons, no spam, nothing. Seems like you have to buy something first to get on the list. :(
Cas77 wrote: They're $195 today.
That's the non-polarized version.
Check the site every day the prices change daily.
Got an automatic alert on it. Pricing for this model, at least, hasn't changed in 6+ months.

Probably should've just pulled the trigger on the ones with the pink lenses on clearance during the summer, but... pink. :facepalm:
/bw
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
13259 posts
4355 upvotes
Ottawa
blackwind wrote: I saw someone else mention on the forum months back that they send out coupons, so I registered an account and indicated that I'm interested in sunglasses in account preferences, but still haven't received anything -- no coupons, no spam, nothing. Seems like you have to buy something first to get on the list. :(
yeah, maybe you need to buy "something". I've gotten 30% off coupon twice now. It's great, you can use it on ANYTHING on the site
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.