Any One Rent Their Cars Out On Turo?
My idea is to lease a fun car and rent it out on Turo for the time that I won't be using it. I'm in the very preliminary stages of this idea, but the cars I'd consider would be Golf R, S3, 235i, Cayman, something under $800 a month in payments.
The idea is that if I rent out the car for $150-$200 a day and I get at least 4 renters a month, my car payments would be taken car of. This would allow me to have the car's payments taken care of, only leaving me with insurance, parking, and gas to pay.
Problems that I entail would be:
- 1. Whether or not you can rent out a leased car.
- 2. How does Turo deal with damages and how quickly do they deal with these things.
- 3. Filtering out renters that would likely abuse and damage the car
- 4. Expendables such as tires
- 5. Popularity of Turo and the particular model in my area. (I've read about someone making 3x the price of a Tesla Model S in California)