Cell Phones

Any online shop in Canada selling phone Xiaomi Phone from China ?

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2020 12:31 pm
6 replies
Dec 27, 2009
170 posts
44 upvotes
Hola
There are a few Canadian e-shops but from the vast majority of user threads on RFD and other places, I cannot advice anyone of using them - Too many issues in receiving the phones, shipping nightmares, and terrible support especially regarding getting your money back in the instance of cancelling orders (due to no shipping on purchased items). If you need something out of China, go with a well known vendor via Aliexpress - I use Fantasy, or try giztop (an e-retailer out of Shezhen). I recently ordered my Xiaomi Mi 10 Global version from giztop. Can't really complain about the purchase.

I have used tradingshezhen the other day and my gosh, their shipping process is absolute GARBAGE, they LIE about using DHL and instead use some local courier that seems to just use regular CanadaPost as part of the shipping process!
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1615 posts
492 upvotes
Edmonton
First thing you need to think about is the frequency support. Will it work on the mobile networks in Canada? I've seen a few Poco users on public transit, and can't help but wonder if they only use WiFi.

Personally I can't really recommend Xiaomi over other Chinese phone makers like Huawei or OnePlus due to the lack of support.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3041 posts
1466 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tablo13 wrote: First thing you need to think about is the frequency support. Will it work on the mobile networks in Canada? I've seen a few Poco users on public transit, and can't help but wonder if they only use WiFi.

Personally I can't really recommend Xiaomi over other Chinese phone makers like Huawei or OnePlus due to the lack of support.
Well OnePlus does have support in Canada and I'm using a OP7Pro and have had zero issues.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1615 posts
492 upvotes
Edmonton
lamboman wrote: Well OnePlus does have support in Canada and I'm using a OP7Pro and have had zero issues.
That's why I said Huawei and OnePlus since I know they're officially in Canada.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1267 posts
10 upvotes
I see a lot of Hot Deals posts from alliexpress.

Maybe folks here can provide a list of reputable alliexpress shops they had good experiences with.