Travel

any place (countries) I could go without quarantine with 2 jabs?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2021 11:15 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3590 posts
1125 upvotes
Mars

any place (countries) I could go without quarantine with 2 jabs?

preferably without pcr, of course.

any carribean islands?

is EU re-opening applicable to Canadians?

as there is no vac passport, yet, in Ontario, how do we show the proof of vac, just carry 2 pieces of paper printed out when you got the shots?
12 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
11094 posts
4339 upvotes
forgetpwd wrote: preferably without pcr, of course.

any carribean islands?

as there is no vac passport, yet, in Ontario, how do we show the proof of vac, just carry 2 pieces of paper printed out when you got the shots?
ArriveCAN app to upload your documents and yes carry the 2 pieces of paper
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Mar 8, 2004
777 posts
609 upvotes
Kanata
Someone I know when to France, no test.
Oct 22, 2016
898 posts
812 upvotes
Comox Valley

any carribean islands?

This appears to be a good site, with the different rules involved. Hit the vaccinated button, at the top.

https://apply.joinsherpa.com/travel-res ... ated=false
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
7272 posts
6447 upvotes

any carribean islands?

Many countries in EU require Vaccination to go into restaurant/cafes/attractions with their vaccine passport app. So while Canadians can goto some EU countries without proof of Vaccination or testing, you won't be able to eat in a restaurant in Paris for example

Carribean I think only Mexico is a free for all
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3590 posts
1125 upvotes
Mars
pcr test is a hassle, not just it costs almost 400 bucks. what if it's positive because of the vac shots? i'm sure airline won't refund me. too much headache.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7206 posts
3546 upvotes
Montreal
Dominican Republic has no requirement for vaccinated people. PCR test 72h prior to flying back to Canada.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4662 posts
555 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote:
Many countries in EU require Vaccination to go into restaurant/cafes/attractions with their vaccine passport app. So while Canadians can goto some EU countries without proof of Vaccination or testing, you won't be able to eat in a restaurant in Paris for example

Carribean I think only Mexico is a free for all
In France wouldn't you just show the slip of paper showing vaccination? I mean that's your proof. Of course YMMV, but common sense would dictate if you're a foreigner, you wouldn't have been allowed into the country w/o proof of vaccination being shown to customs.
forgetpwd wrote: pcr test is a hassle, not just it costs almost 400 bucks. what if it's positive because of the vac shots? i'm sure airline won't refund me. too much headache.
Welcome to the new normal. Although I've been hearing $150-ish for the pcr tests but haven't really looked into it myself.
As for testing positive because of the shots, if that was the case, I'm sure you'd be hearing that a lot from people choosing to travel with cases of false positives.
Unless of course you do have covid.

Anyways, Ireland only seems to require proof of vaccination, (I'm looking into booking a trip myself for early Oct) but don't forget that only certain vaccines are allowed and no mixing.

Regardless of where you go, you need to have a pcr test for the way back.

Just curious, what happens if you don't have a test? I presume they don't let you back on the plane?
I'd have no issue quarantining if it meant not having to do pcr test!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
7272 posts
6447 upvotes
IceBlueShoes wrote: In France wouldn't you just show the slip of paper showing vaccination? I mean that's your proof. Of course YMMV, but common sense would dictate if you're a foreigner, you wouldn't have been allowed into the country w/o proof of vaccination being shown to customs.
Nope, they require vaccine passport (so no your slip won't work) and is not recognized to access places in France for example

https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-tra ... ificate_en

Don't assume/guess what's "common sense" especially during these times when there's very specific requirements. You can enter France without proof of Vaccination (just negative PCR) but won't be able to access any places without the health pass France requires for things like restaurants and attractions

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/comin ... cedure-for

note many people who've tried to apply have not been able to get their pass in time as they're only processing a limited amount of requests and with immediate travel planned/booked and it's quite a challenge to get it on arrival even for the temp 72hr pass with testing at certain selected places only

IceBlueShoes wrote: Just curious, what happens if you don't have a test? I presume they don't let you back on the plane?
I'd have no issue quarantining if it meant not having to do pcr test!
No test, no flight
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
16783 posts
12010 upvotes
Toronto
I hear Afghanistan is lovely this time of year
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2019
1541 posts
790 upvotes
forgetpwd wrote: pcr test is a hassle, not just it costs almost 400 bucks. what if it's positive because of the vac shots? i'm sure airline won't refund me. too much headache.
$400 for PCR test ? Thats way too high.
Mexico and Dominican do not require test or vaccination proof. You will off course require a PCR test to come back to Canada. Most of the better hotels off on-site testing either free or for $100 for the PCR test to return to Canada.