Green / Eco-Friendly

Any place in Toronto rent/borrow an air quality monitor?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2020 8:06 am
[OP]
Nov 21, 2008
716 posts
176 upvotes

Any place in Toronto rent/borrow an air quality monitor?

I am curious to learn about the quality of air in my apartment.

There are devices you can buy online for around $200~.

Since I am only looking to get a rough understanding of the situation in my home, I would only need the device for a few hours to take one set of readings. Given the limited use of the product, I am looking to find an alternative to actually buying a device.

Does anyone have any ideas on if it is possible to rent an air quality monitoring device?

Alternatively, is there someone on RFD who wants to make a quick buck and rent me theirs for the day? (located in Toronto)

Thanks
2 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15193 posts
4887 upvotes
Here 'n There
The air quality needs to be monitored over time, so a point in time measurement is not going to be useful.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
4339 posts
707 upvotes
Waterloo
sunnycnm5 wrote: I am curious to learn about the quality of air in my apartment.

There are devices you can buy online for around $200~.

Since I am only looking to get a rough understanding of the situation in my home, I would only need the device for a few hours to take one set of readings. Given the limited use of the product, I am looking to find an alternative to actually buying a device.

Does anyone have any ideas on if it is possible to rent an air quality monitoring device?

Alternatively, is there someone on RFD who wants to make a quick buck and rent me theirs for the day? (located in Toronto)

Thanks
there is several factors in air quality.
Pollutants such a VOC , nano particles ( PM1, PM2.5, PM10 ) , CO2 , Spores , Humidity , formaldehyde , ozone and radon
Typically a single instrument will not do all those. If it claims to do these usually its a calculation and maynot be actually accurate.

First you need to figure out what factors you're after and then proceed from there.
----
Pay it forward.