Off Topic

Any quiet public place open at Yonge/Bloor in Downtown Toronto?

[OP]
Jan 22, 2018
39 posts
2 upvotes

Any quiet public place open at Yonge/Bloor in Downtown Toronto?

Hope everyone is staying safe!
Was unsure, which would be the right forum, therefore posted it here.

I need a quiet room/even a public place to study and talk quietly to clients (over the phone/online) around Yonge/Bloor. It would be for occasional usage, and I could inform 3-5 days in advance, when I plan to visit these places (if that is preferred). Earlier used to use reference library and other public libraries, but now these places are closed.

Prefer something that is relatively safe (and hopefully stays warm as the city is getting cold now), social distancing among patrons is maintained, and are open between 11am and 10pm during weekdays and weekends (this timing could be more flexible from my side).

Bonus if the place offers an internet connection (even public shared network would work).

Seems asking for a lot, but would be happy to know some thoughts/leads. Would also assist to know the options even if some places have some minor payments on hourly basis involved). Basement on houses around these area could also work.

Happy Halloween in advance!
14 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9337 posts
1736 upvotes
Toronto
Would this be for you alone or face to face client meetings as well.
Maybe look into Air BNB's in the area?
Probably most ideal but costly.
Otherwise a food court area close by which may be less ideal and not fit your parameters.
[OP]
Jan 22, 2018
39 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks, gh05t!
Looking at Airbnb around the area.

This is for me. Whenever talk to clients, that would always be over the phone or online.
Sep 3, 2019
532 posts
341 upvotes
GTA
Regus @ 2 Bloor W
WeWork @ 33 Bloor E

Looks like there are others. Can find them by zooming into Yonge/Bloor then type 'coworking space' into searchbar.
[OP]
Jan 22, 2018
39 posts
2 upvotes
I wish mlm, Redsanta!

House too noisy, trying to find something temporary until things open up.
[OP]
Jan 22, 2018
39 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks, Quicki7.
Searching these, it is helpful.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
8424 posts
1325 upvotes
Vancouver
I would look at that werid little mall you access from bay st near Cumberland. It’s way out of date and always feels abandoned has a small food court. Don’t think it gets very well. Maybe once it gets real cold those in the know use it to get to bloor/yonge station or into Manulife centre. The Manulife centre is nicer but noisier.

There’s also a werid little semi PATH type area under CIBC at Yonge bloor.
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
9983 posts
832 upvotes
Toronto
Sheraton hotel, business conference room would fit the situation. If not a hotel room
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Sep 3, 2019
532 posts
341 upvotes
GTA
Strongly discourage inviting clients to a hotel room... That's either really weird or really creepy. Lol! :D That's pretty funny
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6795 posts
5879 upvotes
Toronto
QuicKi7 wrote: Strongly discourage inviting clients to a hotel room... That's either really weird or really creepy. Lol! :D That's pretty funny
Rudy Giuliani endorses your comment

I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝