Real Estate

Any Real Estate Sites Using Push Notifications For New Listings?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2020 6:13 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
24250 posts
12274 upvotes
Toronto

Any Real Estate Sites Using Push Notifications For New Listings?

I'm missing out on houses and I want a better way to be notified.

Do any sites send notifications to your phone on new listings? What can you suggest? Thanks
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
14 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1301 posts
739 upvotes
Oshawa
Bungol.ca.

Set up an area you want to watch and you get emails if something new hits the market. It updates every 30 mins. Note, you have to set up the watch area using a computer, it doesn’t give you the option on a mobile device.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
24250 posts
12274 upvotes
Toronto
jonnyb wrote: Bungol.ca.

Set up an area you want to watch and you get emails if something new hits the market. It updates every 30 mins. Note, you have to set up the watch area using a computer, it doesn’t give you the option on a mobile device.
Sweet, I will look at that today. Thanks.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
24250 posts
12274 upvotes
Toronto
jonnyb wrote: Bungol.ca.

Hey, these are e-mails. Maybe I'm not tech savvy enough, but is there a way I can turn a specific e-mail into a push notification?
I just say that because my phone seems to lag on giving me e-mails in real time. Doesn't do it.

Edit: Working on this in g-mail. Was hoping a site was directly using push notifications (like an app) or text messages. Hmm, okay will try this for now.
Apr 6, 2020
109 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
I can get you set up on Collab, its a program agents have access to, sort of like realtor.ca but everything appears in real-time and you can get up various notification timelines.
GTA Real Estate Agent
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
24250 posts
12274 upvotes
Toronto
mjkrealty wrote: I can get you set up on Collab, its a program agents have access to, sort of like realtor.ca but everything appears in real-time and you can get up various notification timelines.
That sounds interesting :)
Apr 6, 2020
109 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
DaVibe wrote: That sounds interesting :)
PM me your info/area that you're looking and I can get it going for you
GTA Real Estate Agent
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
3821 posts
2373 upvotes
Ottawa
DaVibe wrote: Hey, these are e-mails. Maybe I'm not tech savvy enough, but is there a way I can turn a specific e-mail into a push notification?
I just say that because my phone seems to lag on giving me e-mails in real time. Doesn't do it.

Edit: Working on this in g-mail. Was hoping a site was directly using push notifications (like an app) or text messages. Hmm, okay will try this for now.
Are you using gmail app or the « mail » program? If mail you could set up a gmail adress just for this search and use the app. It seems to notify me immediately. (I’m using Apple)
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
24250 posts
12274 upvotes
Toronto
fogetmylogin wrote: Are you using gmail app or the « mail » program? If mail you could set up a gmail adress just for this search and use the app. It seems to notify me immediately. (I’m using Apple)
Okay I'll try that as well.

I think this is a gap in the industry to be honest. I sign up for restaurant apps and allow them to send me deals by push notifications. Why can't a search field for homes do the same? I guess I'm ahead of the curve lol
Jul 2, 2018
309 posts
299 upvotes
DaVibe wrote: Okay I'll try that as well.

I think this is a gap in the industry to be honest. I sign up for restaurant apps and allow them to send me deals by push notifications. Why can't a search field for homes do the same? I guess I'm ahead of the curve lol
Everything in the RE space is crap, Collab is a complete pile of crap and the toronto MLS feels like windows 98. Everything is way way way behind.
Realtor + Investor
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
24250 posts
12274 upvotes
Toronto
I think I've got the Zolo app set up to send me notifications but I wouldn't know u til there's a new listing Face With Tears Of Joy
Apr 16, 2008
628 posts
74 upvotes
Etobicoke
I've really been enjoying House Sigma. Pretty easy to navigate and tons of info.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
24250 posts
12274 upvotes
Toronto
deveritt wrote: I've really been enjoying House Sigma. Pretty easy to navigate and tons of info.
Define easy lol

So I have it ... can you just quickly explain the best way I can get it to notify me? It's e-mail only, correct?
I was told about it as well but the functionality has got me a little messed up.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
3249 posts
6218 upvotes
Toronto/Markham
I think your best and easiest bet is to take up one of the posters that offered to set you up with daily notification through the Realtor TREB Collab tool. Even that is cumbersome and archaic as hell, but it will be the best and most reliable at doing what you want with the most amount of relevant info to you.
RE Broker
Apr 16, 2008
628 posts
74 upvotes
Etobicoke
DaVibe wrote: Define easy lol

So I have it ... can you just quickly explain the best way I can get it to notify me? It's e-mail only, correct?
I was told about it as well but the functionality has got me a little messed up.
Yeah, right now it's either email or text. You can toggle those options under your account settings under Notifications. You have to go through and "watch" specific communities or areas, then you get the notifications daily.