Shopping Discussion

Any recommendations on cheapest shipping within Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2022 10:26 pm
[OP]
Aug 15, 2009
317 posts
98 upvotes
North America

Any recommendations on cheapest shipping within Canada?

I have to ship a large box from Quebec to British Columbia. Anyone recommend the cheapest way to ship the sucker? I found ShipExpert - https://shipexpert.com , but it says it's only available for business accounts.

33"L x 27"H x 9"W
30 lbs
13 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1270 posts
822 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
This is fantastic, if it works... I got quoted $179 from Canada post and same dimensions, through netParcel- $33.

I'll have to see what it shows once I have my parcel packed up. Anyone else use this? Will they ask me to drop it somewhere?

Thanks for any help.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
6220 posts
7396 upvotes
Richmond Hill
MooseOnLoose wrote: This is fantastic, if it works... I got quoted $179 from Canada post and same dimensions, through netParcel- $33.

I'll have to see what it shows once I have my parcel packed up. Anyone else use this? Will they ask me to drop it somewhere?

Thanks for any help.
You select a courier on NetParcel, so you'll print the label and take it to a shipping point for that courier (like UPS/FedEx/Canada Post, etc).

I've also heard of Sendle but never used it before. Prices seem incredibly cheap.

sendle-10-free-shipments-small-biz-2564581/
Sep 2, 2003
585 posts
118 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Even cheaper would be to use PayPal via netparcel. Google netparcel PayPal together and pay via PayPal. It's always cheaper than netparcel website.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1270 posts
822 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
magicray wrote: Even cheaper would be to use PayPal via netparcel. Google netparcel PayPal together and pay via PayPal. It's always cheaper than netparcel website.
Well, I don't know if I made a mistake using NetParcel to arrange a Pickup thru UPS. It came up as the cheapest, but so far they've not showed up at either of the two times they said they would...
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
18546 posts
13336 upvotes
Markham
Isn't the free shipping Tuesday deal still running at Canada post for small business - for the month of October? There's a thread on RFD.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Dec 18, 2017
465 posts
391 upvotes
Alberta
gr8dlr wrote: Isn't the free shipping Tuesday deal still running at Canada post for small business - for the month of October? There's a thread on RFD.
I almost sent a package last week and then remembered this deal so will be shipping it tomorrow instead. That’ll save me $19. Shipping costs here are ridiculous.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
18546 posts
13336 upvotes
Markham
BaileySyd wrote: I almost sent a package last week and then remembered this deal so will be shipping it tomorrow instead. That’ll save me $19. Shipping costs here are ridiculous.
Hope you've already set up the small business account.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Dec 18, 2017
465 posts
391 upvotes
Alberta
gr8dlr wrote: Hope you've already set up the small business account.
Many years ago.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1270 posts
822 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
MooseOnLoose wrote: Well, I don't know if I made a mistake using NetParcel to arrange a Pickup thru UPS. It came up as the cheapest, but so far they've not showed up at either of the two times they said they would...
Well, NetParcel was cheap, but I had to arrange 3 times before UPS finally picked up the parcel. I might try them again if I were dropping it off, but not for pickup.