any recommendations for a good Hybrid car

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2018 3:31 pm
Jan 22, 2018
73 posts
20 upvotes
dantey wrote:
Jan 25th, 2018 12:49 pm
i'm interested in that year range too. have you had any experience with the plug in version from 2012 onwards?
i was wondering what would be the general pros and cons for the plug in vs pure hybrid, especially since gas prices will always be high/higher regardless of oil price.
i dont think ive seen plug in hybrids for prius in that year range. unless its a us import prius?
I will assume that the plugin hybrid will cost substantially more than a pure hybrid car. Lets say the difference is 5k i doubt on a pure $$$ savings that you can recoup that investment back with the gas savings.

If it was me this would be my criteria:
under 10k: 2004-2009 prius
11-15k: 2010-2012 prius
16-20k: lexus ct200h

There are other types of hybrids like the older civic hybrid, honda insight, sonata hybrid, etc.. but based on my familys experience (prius/lexus ct200h owners) these cars are SUPER reliable and low maintenance.

The most affordable used electric car is the nissan leaf which you can pick up under 15k. but i heard lots of bad things about battery degredation so i am hesitant to buy those cars used. Hence why you see a lot of used leafs for sale especially in the older models.