Real Estate

Any recommendations on real estate agents for a first time home buyer in the outskirts of Toronto

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2019 9:56 am
[OP]
Dec 25, 2019
4 posts

Any recommendations on real estate agents for a first time home buyer in the outskirts of Toronto

Hi RFD members, I was wondering about whether you'd have some suggestions on a reliable real estate agent in the area, as I am planning to buy a 1 bedroom condo in the outskirts of Toronto or in the neighbourhood (Etobicoke, North York, Scarborough, etc). I have no idea on how I should begin this process. I have talked to a couple of colleagues, and they refer me to pre-construction projects. However, I would like to buy a finished one. My budget is between around 375,000 only though, and my timeline is about 6-7 month from this posting! Thank you in advance for sharing your expertise and knowledge!
Last edited by SCK500 on Dec 26th, 2019 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2014
2617 posts
1840 upvotes
Just Moved To Somewh…
The outskirts of Toronto is a very big area, be more specific, radius would also help. Not that I can recommend anyone but it would definitely help.
#1 - “Don’t irritate old people. The older they get, the less “Life in prison” is a deterrent."
#2 - Are you a Sexual Intellect? /S - What you post in this thread may determine that.
Aug 11, 2019
201 posts
217 upvotes
Toronto
6-7 months is a decent timeframe.
Buyers overpay when they are in a crunch and want to close ASAP.

I’m guessing it’s just you, or you don’t have a family of more than 3 so I’d recommend Oakville /Milton, and even Mississauga as it would suit your budget.

My advice would be to speak to as many agents as you can until you feel comfortable with someone’s vibe!

Feel free to pm me if you want to chat. I’m a real estate agent based out of Toronto, and lately been more focused on cities north and west of Toronto.
Full Time Realtor
GTA & Surrounding Areas
[OP]
Dec 25, 2019
4 posts
rcmpvet wrote: The outskirts of Toronto is a very big area, be more specific, radius would also help. Not that I can recommend anyone but it would definitely help.
Thank you, rcmpvet, for your suggestions! I just edited the post!
[OP]
Dec 25, 2019
4 posts
Dayravi wrote: 6-7 months is a decent timeframe.
Buyers overpay when they are in a crunch and want to close ASAP.

I’m guessing it’s just you, or you don’t have a family of more than 3 so I’d recommend Oakville /Milton, and even Mississauga as it would suit your budget.

My advice would be to speak to as many agents as you can until you feel comfortable with someone’s vibe!

Feel free to pm me if you want to chat. I’m a real estate agent based out of Toronto, and lately been more focused on cities north and west of Toronto.
Thank you, Dayravi! I appreciate your time! Sure, I might be in touch with you then!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2004
7353 posts
5312 upvotes
Toronto
If you are looking at east end. scarboro, pickering ajax whitby you may be able to find something.

markham probably is out of reach. and so is richmind hill.
Full-time Realtor
[OP]
Dec 25, 2019
4 posts
oasis100 wrote: If you are looking at east end. scarboro, pickering ajax whitby you may be able to find something.

markham probably is out of reach. and so is richmind hill.
Sure - thank you, oasis100!
Aug 21, 2017
195 posts
132 upvotes
I assume you looking for investment? 375k is not enough to buy a decent condo and you'd be better off just buying REITs.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
6185 posts
945 upvotes
Toronto
SCK500 wrote: Hi RFD members, I was wondering about whether you'd have some suggestions on a reliable real estate agent in the area, as I am planning to buy a 1 bedroom condo in the outskirts of Toronto or in the neighbourhood (Etobicoke, North York, Scarborough, etc). I have no idea on how I should begin this process. I have talked to a couple of colleagues, and they refer me to pre-construction projects. However, I would like to buy a finished one. My budget is between around 375,000 only though, and my timeline is about 6-7 month from this posting! Thank you in advance for sharing your expertise and knowledge!
I have a 1+1 condo coming at Bayview village soon. You will get it cheaper than retail market. It's finished and can be viewed. Building is not finished yet. Hence its assignment sales. Location is amazing.
GTA Housing: Supply is the only Metrics that Matters
Active Listings has been the limiting factor for past 10 years.... and will be for next 10
Hence I pull exclusive data from MLS and update GTA HOUSING SUPPLY - Daily!
Jul 2, 2018
307 posts
299 upvotes
What is the reason for the 375k budget? All you can afford to make payments for? All the Bank says you can make payments for? Down Payment limit? Personal choice?
Realtor + Investor
Jan 27, 2018
531 posts
519 upvotes
Look at Scarborough Town Centre area and specially 88 Corporate drive and 80 Corporate drive... Very well run buildings and within your budget. I am surprised that the price is still in this range in those buildings.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)