Food & Drink

Any recommendations for "REALLY SPICY FOOD"?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 27th, 2013 11:20 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
10338 posts
1556 upvotes
Toronto
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2013 4:37 pm
Korean food for the most part is pretty tame compared to other countries. Growing up Korean, I (like many other Koreans) would put a ton of hot sauce in my bi bim bap, but totally got my butt kicked by other cuisine's hot sauces.

Another place downtown: Salad King - anything on the menu with 20 chilies.

Can't help OP out with places in Scarorough, but most wing places have their own version of "Armageddon Wings".
I found the Korean food in Korea way more spicier than the food here to the point where I was practically begging for mercy. Even Koreans I've known from Korea say it's oddly sweet in Toronto. Even NY's Korean food was alot spicier I though (ie. Octopus Stirfry).

I've gone through my phase of hot foods. I've had 20 chillis plus a couple of extra spoonfuls of the flaky stuff at Salad King (was a competition between a co worker). Although I've been back and have had some dishes with 10 chillis and it was quite spicy.

Anything with chillis, seeds, and the oil with it will always be spicy. Yea, and some wing places use that additive type hot sauce.

The hot sauces with certain ingredients actually cannot be considered a sauce and is actually considered an additive. This from some show about hot sauce and pepper eating competition I saw on TLC once.
May 29, 2010
162 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Just go to a good wing place and ask for the hottest wings they have. That's enough spice to kick your ***** ... though why you would put your mouth, stomach, and a-hole through that is beyond me.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2004
3891 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto
2sbg wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2013 9:01 am
Just go to a good wing place and ask for the hottest wings they have. That's enough spice to kick your ***** ... though why you would put your mouth, stomach, and a-hole through that is beyond me.
Jimboski wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2013 9:13 am
Haha I know right!
I think I read some studies a few years back showing evidence that a desire for spicy food is related with masochism. I guess we're all just crazy. :twisted:

Salad King 20 chili is the spiciest food I've eaten at an establishment that I can remember.
May 11, 2008
425 posts
2 upvotes
A lot of Tamil/South Asian cuisines are very spicy, if you like your food with heat...try the curries @ Babu in Scarborough, yummy stuff.
Aug 24, 2006
588 posts
78 upvotes
Scarborough
2sbg wrote:

:: Scarborough

WOW! WING HOUSE.
4379 Kingston Road,
Scarborough, Ontario, M1E 2M9

Ph. (416) 283-6333
E-mail: scarborough@wowwinghouse.com

:: Our Hours

Sunday..........3pm - 11pm
Mon - Thu....12pm - 12am
Friday..........12pm - 12am
Saturday........3pm - 1am

Order " Town Of Lanka " for maximum heat or " Taj Mahal " for a more balance heat with a tandoori flavor.

There is also a take out location across from Costo at Markham / Steeles.

At Scarborough location : Ask if they have Blair's Sudden Death Hot sauce on the side ?
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17804 posts
870 upvotes
Not sure where you're from but here in Brampton there is a Thai place that makes food hot as HELL.. It's even in their restaurant name.. "Thai Pepper" on Fisherman
Oct 30, 2012
176 posts
14 upvotes
When comparing the real spicy foods South Indian and Sri Lankan foods are very hot and spicy ( real real real spicy) . Tried a crab curry what my friend offered, just experienced a 1000volt in my tounge. Delicious but incredibly spicy.

Other spicy delicacies are no where near...

Like to try something even more spicier than above cuisines.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17804 posts
870 upvotes
^ Curried crab looks awesome, always see it on TV and have always wanted to try it
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2012
1815 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
JAGpilot wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2013 7:21 pm
I don't understand Mandarin (except for wei jing) but whatever kind of hot pot this is looks really really spicy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjRPdUUXOM4

Can anyone tell me what regional dialect/accent the narrator has? I hear people speaking like this but I'm not sure where in China they would be from.
毛肚 aka Omasum Hotpot from Sichuan

Standard/ formal beijing dialect...which is the standard dialect in China, so can't help you locate the region :/, but if those people can speak like the narrator its almost guaranteed they are from beijing, nanjing, shanghai or some of the other big cities.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
2732 posts
129 upvotes
Peterborough
Doubles from most any Trini place. With hot sauce. For some reason, I always find Carib hot made from those scotch bonnet peppers tougher to handle than some other stuff. Its just mean heat somehow.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2012
1802 posts
363 upvotes
duckdown wrote:
Oct 27th, 2013 1:06 pm
Not sure where you're from but here in Brampton there is a Thai place that makes food hot as HELL.. It's even in their restaurant name.. "Thai Pepper" on Fisherman
Sounds like something I have to try!
wiggy wrote:
Oct 27th, 2013 9:19 pm
Doubles from most any Trini place. With hot sauce. For some reason, I always find Carib hot made from those scotch bonnet peppers tougher to handle than some other stuff. Its just mean heat somehow.
I ask for "heavy" pepper at most west indian places when ordering doubles.

West indians eat some really spicy food, especially the old ladies, I know at least 2-3 old west indian women (60+) who can easily out class me when it comes to eating spicy food.
I don't know what their stomachs are made of.
2sbg wrote:
Dont go to Wild wing, they have terrible "hot" wings, their "ring of fire" is not hot, and extremely vinegary.

All stars H-bomb wings are pretty hot (there E.L.E. wings are always unavailable when I go) they are good, the first time I ate them they won.