Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
2080 posts
1584 upvotes

Any reports of people lining up?

Yeah, I know Boxing Day wasn't as big as it was 5+ years ago, but people will be lining up for something. Just curious if any of you are lining up this year?

Post your findings. The current time, where, number of people and at what store?
111 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
nope! BD is offically dead these days , ain't nobody lining up anymore lolz, even online deals sux now! been this way last 3 years i think
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Dec 18, 2007
254 posts
350 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Was at leon at 12AM want to buy the Dyson vacuum. No one show up until 3am
Jul 25, 2007
486 posts
143 upvotes
That's hilarious! Even a cheap vacuum cannot entice people to line up!

Man, I remember when we would lineup at Best Buy or Future Shop at 7 PM on Christmas day, in crappy weather to boot! Last night, I went to sleep and set my alarm for 5 am..awake now and I will drink some coffee and slowly make my way into stores, hassle free! Also, I will not go over my limit - I have cash in hand and I will purchase some new baseball caps, movies, action figures, video games and so on.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15137 posts
2269 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
y2dave wrote: Was at leon at 12AM want to buy the Dyson vacuum. No one show up until 3am
does the deal suck (literally)? lol

kinda sad thinking about the good ol' boxing days. Back when Canada Computers used to give out free prizes like monitors and printers to the first few people in line... Last time I was first in line at CC was 6 years ago, then the following year, was the 8th person in line at NCIX...

R.I.P. Boxing day.
Feb 19, 2006
230 posts
13 upvotes
Is anyone lining up at sporting life for a $50 Gift Card?
Dec 18, 2007
254 posts
350 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Yes disappointed I thought there would be more people in line. I remember those old day where people line up the day before store us open. Sig have all the best deal that time. Now boxing day seem dead
Dec 18, 2007
254 posts
350 upvotes
Richmond Hill
430am 6 people including myself. Last year I came late couldn't get that 99$ TV. So this year I make sure I come early
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
2080 posts
1584 upvotes
4:30 am
Milton, ON
Best Buy
Approx 20 people.
Jul 25, 2007
486 posts
143 upvotes
Allen84 wrote: 4:30 am
Milton, ON
Best Buy
Approx 20 people.
That's it?! Haha!!

Eight years ago, there would have been at least 100 people, if not more..
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15137 posts
2269 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
y2dave wrote: Yes disappointed I thought there would be more people in line. I remember those old day where people line up the day before store us open. Sig have all the best deal that time. Now boxing day seem dead
Sig as in SIG Electronics? lol Rest in pieces as well...
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15137 posts
2269 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
dahurricaneg wrote: That's it?! Haha!!

Eight years ago, there would have been at least 100 people, if not more..
surprised that there's even people in line... remember like a couple a years ago where there was not many deals and i strolled by a BB in the afternoon thinking it would be dead but there was still a line to go in :facepalm:
Dec 18, 2007
254 posts
350 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Matrixvibe wrote: Sig as in SIG Electronics? lol Rest in pieces as well...
Yes sad they close down. Rip
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15137 posts
2269 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
y2dave wrote: Yes sad they close down. Rip
quite sad, i remember lining up there for deals on flash drives, SD cards, Panasonic iron lol years ago. Then their odd hot video game deals, that I either PM'd at BB or bought from them.
Jul 25, 2007
486 posts
143 upvotes
Matrixvibe wrote: surprised that there's even people in line... remember like a couple a years ago where there was not many deals and i strolled by a BB in the afternoon thinking it would be dead but there was still a line to go in :facepalm:
Marketing tactics prove that sheep will continue to follow..social norm, dude.

People like us, who frequent forums like this, know better and are well aware of the crappy deals - so many people pointing out the fact that the Boxing Day 'deals' are arse when compared to Black Friday.

My wallet is safe - I will casually visit a few malls and stores and purchase some items that I don't really need, but it would be nice to have them. I already purchased a nice Dell monitor and that wasn't even marked down all that much and or a Boxing Day deal. However, it was right for the price. Gone are the days of great deals and great giveaways. Online shopping, is where it's at. F brick and mortar.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)