Any reports of people lining up?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2017 7:56 am
Tags:
None
Nov 29, 2006
996 posts
82 upvotes
y2dave wrote: Was at leon at 12AM want to buy the Dyson vacuum. No one show up until 3am
Which location ? Exact opposite at the brantford location , people are nuts , 300people by 6am ....people need to go home ffs
Jul 25, 2007
486 posts
143 upvotes
I benefited by getting some sleep..I haven't lined up since 2008..I decided to cancel my order for the Dell 24 inch monitor and purchased a 32 inch TV instead - it will take some getting used to, however I am using it as a monitor..mainly use my PC for sports, movies, etc. Therefore, I will benefit in the end..this TV is better than the Dell monitor..in my opinion.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2009
2010 posts
710 upvotes
Lineup was quite impressive at Leons this morning.

That store, however, is garbage. As are their tactics. People who were waiting for the vacuum before 5AM were only told at 640AM (20 mins prior to opening) that they had run out of vacuum tickets. This is something the store was aware of well before this.

I wasn't even in line for one and that pissed me off.
Nov 29, 2006
996 posts
82 upvotes
goodguy90 wrote: Lineup was quite impressive at Leons this morning.

That store, however, is garbage. As are their tactics. People who were waiting for the vacuum before 5AM were only told at 640AM (20 mins prior to opening) that they had run out of vacuum tickets. This is something the store was aware of well before this.

I wasn't even in line for one and that pissed me off.
Yup I was one of those people waiting in line since 4 am in brantford .. Leon's sucks ... not shopping there going forward
May 11, 2007
862 posts
454 upvotes
Kitchener
y2dave wrote: Was at leon at 12AM want to buy the Dyson vacuum. No one show up until 3am
Did you manage to get the vacuum?If yes then i guess you should be declared as RFDer boxing day deal grabber of the year.Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Nov 15, 2005
59 posts
3 upvotes
I got in line at 6 am in Edmonton. Probably 50 people deep. First 15 people or so got vacuums. Other than that, SOL.

That's what I get for sleeping in.Face With Tears Of Joy
compliments of your friendly neighbourhood sandman.........
Jan 30, 2016
97 posts
26 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Most deals at BB were already available online or on Dec 24 no? So no need to line up. As for the Leon vacuum, that was a good marketing move ("lose" money on 500 vacuum, get 1000s of people lining up), but I don't see myself freezing out there during 4 hours to save $100-200.
Jul 25, 2007
486 posts
143 upvotes
The Master wrote: Yup I was one of those people waiting in line since 4 am in brantford .. Leon's sucks ... not shopping there going forward
You should have been following the Leon's thread..somebody reported that each store would only receive 15 units.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
5769 posts
1326 upvotes
Markham
how crowded is Yorkdale. debating whether should go there.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17338 posts
5248 upvotes
Toronto
No reason to line up early. Everything was available online. Leons was smart with the Vacuum. Imagine if Bestbuy offered a tv as a in-store only deal at a crazy price, that's the way they make money. Have one good deal to force people to line up.
Jul 25, 2007
486 posts
143 upvotes
carmaster wrote: No reason to line up early. Everything was available online. Leons was smart with the Vacuum. Imagine if Bestbuy offered a tv as a in-store only deal at a crazy price, that's the way they make money. Have one good deal to force people to line up.
10 years ago, that's what most retailers did..in fact, they had numerous items marked down, and or insane door crasher prices, and naturally hundreds upon hundreds of people would line up on Christmas day. These days, it's so easy to navigate places like Best Buy. I was shocked at how empty my local Best Buy was..
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17338 posts
5248 upvotes
Toronto
dahurricaneg wrote: 10 years ago, that's what most retailers did..in fact, they had numerous items marked down, and or insane door crasher prices, and naturally hundreds upon hundreds of people would line up on Christmas day. These days, it's so easy to navigate places like Best Buy. I was shocked at how empty my local Best Buy was..
+1. 10 years ago I remember lining up super early with my dad at Futureshop/Bestbuy cause they had the crazy doorcrasher deals and online wasn't really a thing at the time. However, Leon's lines shows that this marketing trick really works and it takes only 1-2 crazy deals to get people into their stores and buy other crap.
Banned
Nov 15, 2016
34 posts
9 upvotes
I was at the Bay, the crowd wasn't very big, hard to imagine there would have been a lineup at opening time.
yeah
May 11, 2007
862 posts
454 upvotes
Kitchener
carmaster wrote: +1. 10 years ago I remember lining up super early with my dad at Futureshop/Bestbuy cause they had the crazy doorcrasher deals and online wasn't really a thing at the time. However, Leon's lines shows that this marketing trick really works and it takes only 1-2 crazy deals to get people into their stores and buy other crap.
I dont think people would buy other stuff from Leon's if they dont find their targeted item., cus most of their items are big ticket items. For BB/FS few years ago it was a different story. Along with big ticket items they would have few other small items on sale too like dvd disc, printers, gps. So even if you are not able to get your hands on your targeted item, you would still go inside the store to buy the smaller items.
Sep 16, 2010
156 posts
36 upvotes
Westmount
For people in Montreal, at lasalle Best Buy 10:30 around 40 people lined up
Earth is Full, GO HOME!!