• Jan 7th, 2017 7:56 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17794 posts
1822 upvotes
Woodbridge
The freezing rain eased everything up this morning.

I'm still in the fence whether I should pick up the Samsung KS 8000 55" Curve 4K SUHD.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5645 posts
1808 upvotes
Cornwall PE
Yes online seems to be the best option especially at bb. The local store doesn't stock half the stuff that's available online. The open box canon t6s with 18-134 lens for $799 was a crazy deal.
The Children all love the the new down vote button.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Nov 29, 2006
996 posts
82 upvotes
caraj4u wrote: I dont think people would buy other stuff from Leon's if they dont find their targeted item., cus most of their items are big ticket items. For BB/FS few years ago it was a different story. Along with big ticket items they would have few other small items on sale too like dvd disc, printers, gps. So even if you are not able to get your hands on your targeted item, you would still go inside the store to buy the smaller items.
+1 if anything the average person will leave being pissed and will not come back to shop
May 5, 2007
663 posts
95 upvotes
North York
One of the worst if not the worst BD ever !
Jul 25, 2007
486 posts
143 upvotes
afshaikh wrote: One of the worst if not the worst BD ever !
I would have to agree! There were some really weak deals over the last few years..however, it seems as if this year is complete sh1t.
Nov 25, 2007
788 posts
441 upvotes
Toronto
Every year there are people saying the deals are bad. This year I would agree and I'm guessing it's due to our weak dollar.

I was looking at a jacket I bought last boxing day. Arc'teryx Thorium AR think I paid $230. It's selling for $296 this year on same site which is crazy
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
3108 posts
1362 upvotes
Waterloo
afshaikh wrote: Leon's had 200 + people lined up around 6:25 am with unberallas . Insane !

I got my 55" TV from 2001. We're only 8 in store and I was #19. Luckily 2 guys ahead ahead wanted amplifiers and they lined up at 5am!

Got there 5:40, in and out with TV in 25 min
Aside from those 2, did all the other ppl in line get the tv too (meaning you grabbed the very last one)?
Jun 17, 2007
207 posts
68 upvotes
Huge line of people at Foot Locker Metrotown. I think people were lining up for the new Curry 3s.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
6420 posts
2861 upvotes
Alberta
Absolute nothing for me to buy. Just staying at home today and not any spending money on stuff that I think that I might need. My daughter was at WEM and said that it was a zoo, same with Best Buy at SEC.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1675 posts
595 upvotes
Montreal, QC
LegendMask wrote: For people in Montreal, at lasalle Best Buy 10:30 around 40 people lined up
lol. mad house at Zara downtown as well as Simon's
Sep 16, 2010
156 posts
36 upvotes
Westmount
Just an update for the record, (Best Buy Lasalle) at 11:45 people started showing up by the time they opened I would estimate the line up have reached maybe roughly 150 people more or less
Earth is Full, GO HOME!!
Nov 6, 2006
130 posts
43 upvotes
dahurricaneg wrote: Haha! Well, Leon's 'won' Boxing Day, this year.

The vacuum deal, was one of the best for this year's Boxing Day..I'm sure that some people bought other crap on impulse and Leon's benefited, obviously.
Yes, they definitely did. It was the only deal I felt worth while I couldn't get online. Interestingly I showed up at 3 and was 14th in line. Everyone wanted the couch. Who buys a couch without testing it out first. Price overcame reason in my opinion. The vacuum is never that price so it was worth it I suppose. Its been a couple years (3 I believe) since I lined up at Canada Computers at midnight and was 8th in line for a my $3000 custom computer build.
I got toys.
Mar 7, 2004
78 posts
9 upvotes
Mississauga
Here's the Canada Goose Yorkdale store at 10:45 am. Looks like a 100 ppl lineup. I asked the clerk if there was a sale or anything and she said "no".. lol
Images
  • image.jpeg
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4136 upvotes
Toronto
WaTTz wrote: Here's the Canada Goose Yorkdale store at 10:45 am. Looks like a 100 ppl lineup. I asked the clerk if there was a sale or anything and she said "no".. lol
there has to be something on sale? W... T... F...

it looks like only asians in line?
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15022 posts
2063 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
Maybe the special is...
Buy 2 canada goose jackets and pay full price for both of them!