• Jan 7th, 2017 7:56 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1910 posts
504 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
WaTTz wrote: Here's the Canada Goose Yorkdale store at 10:45 am. Looks like a 100 ppl lineup. I asked the clerk if there was a sale or anything and she said "no".. lol
Hahaha yeah I was there too and asked people why you lining up is there a sale? And they're all like no, because it's the Goose flagship store.

I was like uh Harry Rosen and Holt Renfrew also carry Goose.

Help me I've been at Yorkdale since 10:30am this morning!! LoL
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
8114 posts
3050 upvotes
Toronto
y2dave wrote: 430am 6 people including myself. Last year I came late couldn't get that 99$ TV. So this year I make sure I come early

This guy does it every year..lining up since 330am seems like a tradition for him....

http://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.3912797?client=ms-android-lge

Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
30446 posts
16305 upvotes
Ottawa
Ashock wrote: Huge line of people at Foot Locker Metrotown. I think people were lining up for the new Curry 3s.
Long line up at the Foot Locker at the local mall here also.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1202 posts
410 upvotes
London, ON
was there a boxing day this year?

I think the Canadian market place has shifted to black friday, which I could understand if our Dollar was at par ..

boxing day tradition is official done with the lack of any deals vs canadian bf
Sep 21, 2004
10100 posts
4160 upvotes
Calgary
Fantaz wrote: there has to be something on sale? W... T... F...

it looks like only asians in line?
Not sure why someone would down vote you for pointing out the obvious.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17338 posts
5248 upvotes
Toronto
Heartland Centre was packed but a lot of people browsing and not too many people buying. Check out lines weren't that bad.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15022 posts
2063 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
JKKim2983 wrote:
Help me I've been at Yorkdale since 10:30am this morning!! LoL
May the force and staples coupons be with you.
Dec 24, 2011
92 posts
24 upvotes
At least around Coquitlam, it seemed like there was nobody in the stores. Maybe the little bit of snow scared everyone off, or maybe people realized there weren't that many good deals.
Jun 27, 2007
275 posts
151 upvotes
Fantaz wrote: it looks like only asians in line?
Big surprise? Come on dude, you live in Toronto.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
5769 posts
1326 upvotes
Markham
The longest line I saw today is in yorkdale. People were waiting in long line to get to subway station
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8990 posts
1373 upvotes
Victoria
I haven't lined up in over 10 years. Boxing Day sales (And to an extent Black Friday sales) aren't a whole lot different than other sales. If there does seem to be something I want it hasn't been an issue ordering it online. Why lineup?

It does seem like the days of retailers getting stuck with extra stock and blowing it out on boxing day are over. They seem to have gotten a lot better at inventory management and are thus unwilling/unable to sells things at insanely good prices.

If there is something I want/need and it's the end of the year I wait for it to go onsale between black Friday and Boxing day. I buy it when it goes on sale for a good price. No need to wait for boxing day. If there's a good sale on something before boxing day it's a strong likelihood the boxing day sale will be similar (or worse).
Nov 29, 2006
996 posts
82 upvotes
Fantaz wrote: there has to be something on sale? W... T... F...

it looks like only asians in line?
LOL
Jan 11, 2009
119 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone writes some kind of science journal about the sheep mentality among the population these days they should use that Canada Goose lineup as a good example.