• Jan 7th, 2017 7:56 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2009
1938 posts
310 upvotes
Toronto
WaTTz wrote: Here's the Canada Goose Yorkdale store at 10:45 am. Looks like a 100 ppl lineup. I asked the clerk if there was a sale or anything and she said "no".. lol
Fantaz wrote: there has to be something on sale? W... T... F...

it looks like only asians in line?
Am I missing something because I don't understand. Can someone please explain the logic behind this for me? If there are no sales, why would you waste your time lining up to buy Canada Goose at regular price when you can buy it at any other time during the year without lining up?
Mar 7, 2004
78 posts
9 upvotes
Mississauga
Apparently a Global news reporter asked some peeps in the lineup "why are you sooo stoopid?" Some said, they didn't know there was a sale, some were hoping, others were tourists and liked the brand so much. Lots of time on their hands I guess...
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
12220 posts
7331 upvotes
Didn't leave my home. Waste of time if you hunt for deals year round.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2003
1595 posts
5627 upvotes
Toronto
EdLeafs wrote: Am I missing something because I don't understand. Can someone please explain the logic behind this for me? If there are no sales, why would you waste your time lining up to buy Canada Goose at regular price when you can buy it at any other time during the year without lining up?
All I can think is that people may have received $ for Christmas and want to spend it at Canada Goose asap.

I heard line ups at Canada Goose Yorkdale is normal as they limit the number of customers in store at one time.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
1481 posts
149 upvotes
worst boxing day Sale... at yorkdale.. see car lining UK on 401 to get into the mall...

inside thr mall... no more than 10 stores with line.. and all lines have less than 10 ppl.. except Canada Goose..

sales are worse than pre-xmas
Jul 25, 2007
486 posts
143 upvotes
I enjoyed sleeping in..we started to line up over 8 years ago and stopped lining up around 2010 - when there were no deals to be had. I walked into my local Best Buy and picked up a 32 TV to use as monitor and it was empty in there! I checked out in less than 10 minutes..that was unheard of, years ago!!

Gone are the days of amazing door crashers..multiple door crashers and that's a good thing for us.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10024 posts
2632 upvotes
I went out and in -24 and waited for ebgames to open to grab the 99 xbox one trade in bundle. I got there 7:40am, was out the door at 8:10 am, I was happy with the results. I only lined up for 1 minute, the rest was sitting in my car. when I left the store there was around 50 people in the store, so I feel like I made the right choice.
Deal Guru
Apr 4, 2001
11588 posts
497 upvotes
monsoon66 wrote: If anyone writes some kind of science journal about the sheep mentality among the population these days they should use that Canada Goose lineup as a good example.
Canada Goose well knows that this will never be done in Canada, as posting such an image would be seen as racist.
Jan 19, 2007
950 posts
426 upvotes
Torontario
Any lineups in front of Dollarama? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2014
1288 posts
3841 upvotes
Toronto
Boxing Day ended when Future Shop closed down.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17958 posts
5918 upvotes
Toronto
ohnabatko wrote: Any lineups in front of Dollarama? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Their will be after Canada Goose. Once all those people buy their jackets their looking for cheap hats and gloves.
Jul 25, 2007
486 posts
143 upvotes
WH0WHAT wrote: Boxing Day ended when Future Shop closed down.
You know what..I would say that's an accurate analysis. I remember around 2004, we lined up on Christmas day. There were great door crashers, lots of deals on electronics and so forth.

FutureShop, knew how to market during Boxing Day and many of products that I bought back then, can still be used today and or I got a lot out of them.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5679 posts
2251 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
Allen84 wrote: That SIG Electronics Boxing Day thread with the $10 TV was the funniest thread I ever read. I still kinda remember there were tents built near the front entrance, and a Audi and BMW drivers lining up hoping to get that TV.
It was a good read. Thanks OP!

sig-electronics-boxing-day-door-crasher ... a-1423619/
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."
I like wearing tinfoil hats.

¯\_(-.-)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Behold!"
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5679 posts
2251 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
Fantaz wrote: there has to be something on sale? W... T... F...

it looks like only asians in line?
There are also a lot of rich Asian people in Toronto and Vancouver.
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."
I like wearing tinfoil hats.

¯\_(-.-)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Behold!"