• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2019 7:06 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
8788 posts
651 upvotes

Any seafood buffet restaurant in Richmond Hill/Markham

Planning an anniversary dinner with my wife, wonder if there is any seafood buffet restaurant or a nice Japanese restaurant inside a hotel in Richmond Hill/Markham.

Thanks for any recommendations
22 replies
Oct 10, 2019
90 posts
35 upvotes
Its not only seafood, but i have heard good things about Dragon legend, its up in markham!!!!
Kids are really bad these days.....
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16210 posts
3571 upvotes
Toronto
DykeLuca647 wrote: Its not only seafood, but i have heard good things about Dragon legend, its up in markham!!!!
What's the difference between Dragon Legend and Dragon Pearl? (same owner)
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8555 posts
2501 upvotes
Mississauga
Try Crave Restaurant in Sheraton Hotel Richmond Hill. There is a Holiday buffet available now for the holidays. Their menu is on OpenTable.

I have not been but my sister says it's pretty good.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Oct 10, 2019
90 posts
35 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: What's the difference between Dragon Legend and Dragon Pearl? (same owner)
Not sure!! I havent been to dragon pearl nor heard about it!!!
Kids are really bad these days.....
Deal Addict
May 30, 2010
1487 posts
916 upvotes
Not exactly in a hotel, but really near a couple of them, I would go to Akasaka. Really good Japanese and Teppanyaki. Highway 7 and West Beaver Creek. It's pricey but worth it.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3247 posts
18420 upvotes
Lobsters Fisherman House is the only one that sticks out for me but if you want quality Japanese seafood I can recommend a few but they are downtown Toronto and Etobicoke.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2943 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: What's the difference between Dragon Legend and Dragon Pearl? (same owner)
supposedly legend is higher end. Parking really sucks there though - good chance you'll wind up parking on the streets around the restaurant. It wasn't a fun experience.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
4198 posts
2354 upvotes
markopas wrote: Lobsters Fisherman House is the only one that sticks out for me but if you want quality Japanese seafood I can recommend a few but they are downtown Toronto and Etobicoke.
Where in Etobicoke? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3111 posts
1069 upvotes
Dragon pearl was the original place, dragon legend was the 2nd locations
In terms of food quality it’s about the same

However dragon legend has more limitations on the quantity of food you can get each time like sashimi, duck, prime rib

They didn’t have as many at dragon pearl and are more lenient / less stingy.

Also there’s a bit more selection at dragon pearl, I think it’s also $1 cheaper
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3111 posts
1069 upvotes
markopas wrote: Lobsters Fisherman House is the only one that sticks out for me but if you want quality Japanese seafood I can recommend a few but they are downtown Toronto and Etobicoke.
That’s not a buffet, far from it, although the quality of food isn’t too far off
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3247 posts
18420 upvotes
Stryker wrote: Where in Etobicoke? Thanks.
Sushi Kaji on The Queensway east of Eglinton. It’s fairly expensive as the menu is a chefs menu $$$ but quite extravagant but rated one of the best Sushi restaurants possible in Ontario. I don’t eat seafood so for me I would only recommend.
toronto19850 wrote: That’s not a buffet, far from it, although the quality of food isn’t too far off
The wife has been, she liked it - she’s had better but it’s only place up in Markham I can think of.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3111 posts
1069 upvotes
markopas wrote: Sushi Kaji on The Queensway east of Eglinton. It’s fairly expensive as the menu is a chefs menu $$$ but quite extravagant but rated one of the best Sushi restaurants possible in Ontario. I don’t eat seafood so for me I would only recommend.

The wife has been, she liked it - she’s had better but it’s only place up in Markham I can think of.
i find people go to lobster clubhouse for more of an experience than food quality, i found the chill crab at dragon legend actually tasted better than lobster clubhouse's stir fried hk lobster. You'd expect a restaurant charging such premium prices to have significantly better food
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3247 posts
18420 upvotes
toronto19850 wrote: i find people go to lobster clubhouse for more of an experience than food quality, i found the chill crab at dragon legend actually tasted better than lobster clubhouse's stir fried hk lobster. You'd expect a restaurant charging such premium prices to have significantly better food
They learn the hard way when people don’t come back.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
3961 posts
3163 upvotes
rdx wrote: Planning an anniversary dinner with my wife, wonder if there is any seafood buffet restaurant or a nice Japanese restaurant inside a hotel in Richmond Hill/Markham.

Thanks for any recommendations
For Japanese,

A legit good (and therefore $$) in Richmond Hill/Markham area is

Toshi Ryoriten
1380 Major Mackenzie Dr E, Richmond Hill, ON L4S 0A1
(905) 737-1125
https://maps.app.goo.gl/mW18NrKthDwzduQW8