Any sip.uno alternative out there?

• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2021 8:51 pm
[OP]
Aug 12, 2018
62 posts
44 upvotes

Any sip.uno alternative out there?

Hi everyone, long story but I think to make things clear I have to tell you the story. I was a voip.ms customer, because their fee getting higher and higher as I use more and more. It doesn't make sense anymore. But I still have credit and I will recharge when it is over for one purpose. Then I change to public mobile together with 2 years 3gb/month free fido tablet plan. But the public mobile only has 100 min / month calling out / unlimited calling in. I sometime , will be even more in the near future, need more calling out air time.
I found out at the time I moved out from voip.ms that there is an app sip.uno and I can just go to their web site sip.uno . I give them my voip.ms credential and they can make two calls for me , one from voip.ms to my public mobile phone number, one from voip.ms to destination number , then hook them up and display my public mobile number. so for me it is a incoming call . sure voip.ms will charge me two call fee which is US$0.02 / min . that is fine with me when I need it. I don't need to pay any fix fees to voip.ms.
a few days ago, I tried to use sip.uno and it won't connect to their server anymore. it is possibly gone out of business. anyone there is a similar way , or app can do that?
thanks
sam
2 replies
May 27, 2016
133 posts
81 upvotes
BC
Just buy a Public Mobile, Canada long distance add on for $5; it gives you 500 minutes., so just .01 per minute and no extra steps or work arounds.
[OP]
Aug 12, 2018
62 posts
44 upvotes
eklips wrote: Just buy a Public Mobile, Canada long distance add on for $5; it gives you 500 minutes., so just .01 per minute and no extra steps or work arounds.
GREAT SUGGESTIONS. THANKS A LOT.