• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2020 2:32 pm
[OP]
Jul 21, 2014
824 posts
128 upvotes
Canada

Any straight razor shavers here?

Anyone here use a straight razor & can provide help where to start for someone that wants to change from the usual Gillette Fusion world?

I just got my first brush... now what lol
5 replies
Apr 9, 2012
473 posts
396 upvotes
Search the RFD forums for past discussions, which will also have links to shaving websites with more info, as would a Google Search. YouTube has videos & each video often has other links as can viewer comments.
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1189 upvotes
Tried it years ago . Really enjoyed it . But there came a time where I gave up on shaving and grew a beard . Get good razor and hot skin is the key to a close shave .
<sig removed> by moderators . Yet no moderator told me they removed or why ?
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
1403 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
Safety razor for me. It's hard to cut yourself, blades are cheap and you get a good shave. I had a straight razor shave at a hair salon once it was amazing but hard to replicate at home.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
11183 posts
4440 upvotes
Safety razor here as well. Saving a ton of money and getting a better shave.
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Addict
May 30, 2010
1893 posts
1492 upvotes
Safety razor here too (Rockwell 6s on plate 4), Nivea shaving cream lathered by hand (peanut sized nub goes a long way if you take your time to lather), 3 passes, WTG, XTG, ATG for clean up. I can shave daily now, with no irritation.