Food & Drink

any sushi buffet place serving shashmi during lunch?

• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2018 3:43 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2003
2624 posts
14 upvotes

any sushi buffet place serving shashmi during lunch?

with lunch pricing? my co work says k & b sushi does that. seems too goo to be true for lunch pricing.
9 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14661 posts
2734 upvotes
Toronto
kingfencer wrote:
Apr 28th, 2018 4:03 pm
with lunch pricing? my co work says k & b sushi does that. seems too goo to be true for lunch pricing.
There are a few out there, but some are limiting the sashimi to one round only, while everything else is AYCE.
One example is Noka Sushi. $16.99 for lunch, with only one round of Sashimi. (unless that rule has recently changed)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2003
2624 posts
14 upvotes
oh so he wasn't lying then... been to a few, at most they had salmon rose, some don't even have that, so i thought they would cheap out on shashimi
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14661 posts
2734 upvotes
Toronto
kingfencer wrote:
Apr 28th, 2018 4:25 pm
oh so he wasn't lying then... been to a few, at most they had salmon rose, some don't even have that, so i thought they would cheap out on shashimi
Some places list a lower price in large numbers, then in smaller print "Please add $4 for Sashimi" or something like that.
There is or was a place on College street that advertised like that, but I'm honestly not sure if it is still there today.

Sashimi Island has at least two levels of pricing, so they do count as an example.
Another place in the area has a black and red sheet to order from. Order only from the black, pay one price. Add anything red, pay the higher price.
Sashimi is in red, naturally. lol
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3043 posts
1029 upvotes
Spoon and fork.
$17 for lunch sushi buffet and other foods. Plus sashimi.

Might be $20 now
They have steak, salmon fillet and chicken breast too. Sashimi a ton of sushi, dim sum, apparizers.

Probably the highest quality AYCE sushi place I’ve been too
And I’ve been to a lot

Also most places let you pay the dinner price at lunch and order from the dinner menu.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14661 posts
2734 upvotes
Toronto
toronto19850 wrote:
Apr 28th, 2018 7:02 pm
Spoon and fork.
$17 for lunch sushi buffet and other foods. Plus sashimi.

Might be $20 now
They have steak, salmon fillet and chicken breast too. Sashimi a ton of sushi, dim sum, apparizers.

Probably the highest quality AYCE sushi place I’ve been too
And I’ve been to a lot

Also most places let you pay the dinner price at lunch and order from the dinner menu.
I'll never go back to the Spoon & Fork @ York Mills & Don Mills ever again, but I'm willing to give another location a try.
Service was slow and food was awful.
Way too much rice.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3043 posts
1029 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Apr 28th, 2018 7:26 pm
I'll never go back to the Spoon & Fork @ York Mills & Don Mills ever again, but I'm willing to give another location a try.
Way too much rice.
I can't say how their sushi is, I just got the sashimi, dim sum and steak
Vaughan isn't bad, I only go to spoon & fork for sashimi at lunch, it's really cheap. And they have eel sashimi.
I haven't been there in a while, maybe they've changed. Service was about the same as any AYCE sushi place I went to. It took about 5-10 minutes depending how much and what you ordered to all arrive.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
1477 posts
110 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Apr 28th, 2018 7:26 pm
Way too much rice.
Went to the Vaughan location once a few years ago for dinner and found the service to be extremely slow. For th same reasons I will never go back. For $30+ person and slow service...not worth it IMO.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4639 posts
1438 upvotes
Toronto
toronto19850 wrote:
Apr 30th, 2018 12:05 pm
I can't say how their sushi is, I just got the sashimi, dim sum and steak
Vaughan isn't bad, I only go to spoon & fork for sashimi at lunch, it's really cheap. And they have eel sashimi.
I haven't been there in a while, maybe they've changed. Service was about the same as any AYCE sushi place I went to. It took about 5-10 minutes depending how much and what you ordered to all arrive.
Went to Spoon & Fork Vaughan about a month ago, it was still good. Service seemed pretty fast, not like some of those places that offer all-you-can-eat but try their best to never let you tell them that you want more (looking at you, East Side Marios soup and salad). Works well as there's enough on the menu for people who don't eat seafood too.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3043 posts
1029 upvotes
Manatus wrote:
May 1st, 2018 2:04 pm
Went to Spoon & Fork Vaughan about a month ago, it was still good. Service seemed pretty fast, not like some of those places that offer all-you-can-eat but try their best to never let you tell them that you want more (looking at you, East Side Marios soup and salad). Works well as there's enough on the menu for people who don't eat seafood too.
I know most AYCE places have premade food and it’s just heated. (If you ask for substitutions they can’t accomadsate because it’s already made. Ie medium rare beef,). At spoon and fork they would have no problems with any substitutions. (Ie medium rare beef). Maybe that’s why it takes longer because it’s usually empty whenever I go to spot and fork. So I doubt it’s due to them being too busy.