Careers

Any Technical Recruiters from Canada

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2020 11:05 am
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 9, 2020
4 posts

Any Technical Recruiters from Canada

Hi,

Been searching for some people in Tech recruitment industry in Canada for a very long time to find some answers so please let me know if you are from the industry and would be happy to answer some of my Questions.

I have been thinking for a career change into technical recruitment, so wanted to check, how people find it as career choice.

I am good with communication/ peoples skills and also have a Computer science degree so I am well versed with all the technical jargon and code etc and beyond.

I wanted to ask what are the challenge I can face in the industry.

Q1 Do you guys chase a lot of targets like sales targets and quotas etc.

Q2 What kind of salary I can expect to make is it base salary or is it based on How many Targets are met.

Q3 Is it possible to get some training on-site as some companies are ready to train people sometimes?

I may some other questions which I can ask further down the line if I get a positive response. Many thanks
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5037 posts
3233 upvotes
manuce94 wrote: Hi,

Been searching for some people in Tech recruitment industry in Canada for a very long time to find some answers so please let me know if you are from the industry and would be happy to answer some of my Questions.

I have been thinking for a career change into technical recruitment, so wanted to check, how people find it as career choice.

I am good with communication/ peoples skills and also have a Computer science degree so I am well versed with all the technical jargon and code etc and beyond.

I wanted to ask what are the challenge I can face in the industry.

Q1 Do you guys chase a lot of targets like sales targets and quotas etc.

Q2 What kind of salary I can expect to make is it base salary or is it based on How many Targets are met.

Q3 Is it possible to get some training on-site as some companies are ready to train people sometimes?

I may some other questions which I can ask further down the line if I get a positive response. Many thanks
I am a tech recruiter but not agency, I used to work agency for 5 years as a sourcer but not sales so i can answer some questions.

1) Well yes of course, the agency recruiters. That's literally the job. Fill job with best candidate to make client happy. Find more clients.
2) Really depends on the model the agency runs on but most will have a draw, let's say $60k or $70k salary draw. You don't get commission until you cover your draw. Some agencies will say no cap, earn as much as you like!
3) Training? Can you sell? It's best to know tech, the industry and know how to network.

I couldn't do agency. i did the sales part for a little bit but the sales part was easy as the industry we were in was ridiculous where clients ran to us as there was no one else in the world. It was managing clients that ate up my time. Ended up working 16-18 hour days for clients coast to coast.

I could have banked at least $180 that year, maybe $200-250 as my coworker did $350+ and it wasn't even halfway the year. It's a totally different game and you really have to have determination and self discipline.
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 9, 2020
4 posts
Thanks, Bhrm for the reply are you based in Canada?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5037 posts
3233 upvotes
manuce94 wrote: Thanks, Bhrm for the reply are you based in Canada?
It is RFD here, this is a Canadian based forum.
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 9, 2020
4 posts
thanks bhrm is it possible I can PM you for some guidance on how to get into the industry and for some tips? if its ok?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5037 posts
3233 upvotes
manuce94 wrote: thanks bhrm is it possible I can PM you for some guidance on how to get into the industry and for some tips? if its ok?
sure

Top