Investing

Are any of these stocks that just hit an all-time high part of your portfolio?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2020 4:16 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54622 posts
19420 upvotes

Are any of these stocks that just hit an all-time high part of your portfolio?

Wondering if I should just start momentum trading in 2021.

260+ again today.

Please remove the space between "bar" and "chart".
https://www.bar chart.com/stocks/highs-lows/highs?timeFrame=alltime&page=all#
Last edited by alanbrenton on Dec 22nd, 2020 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2008
3144 posts
981 upvotes
GTA
Good list, I have got many on the list. Nothing value related though.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2011
1619 posts
1071 upvotes
Montréal
I bought CRWD on November 20th (posted in the buy thread) as a long term hold because I believe they are a solid company with a solid product (I have been in IT for 30 years) and they have great execution.

Never thought I would be up 50% in a month, not my style (I am a boring 10-15%/year guy) so am I struggling not to just take profits and reenter on the inevitable dip. But "don't get in front of a freight train" is one of my mantras so I will be patient lol.

Also have BEPC from when I got some from BEP.UN in June, I converted all to BEPC, not touching that one either.

Finally, TWLO which I got for another account is the one I am monitoring the closest to sell. Not much of a moat around their business in my opinion.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54622 posts
19420 upvotes
I recommended that BFT SPAC to my friend and he did buy around $13.50 lol. I went with some other post-SPAC that will probably make it to the list until middle of next year since it's only been trading for a month so far.
Dec 8, 2008
421 posts
82 upvotes
Out of the list, I own

CRWD
FVRR
ETSY
ISRG
LMND
OKTA
ORCL
PAYC
PTON
PYPL
SHOP
Z
SQ
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2008
3144 posts
981 upvotes
GTA
Out of the list, I own

NET
RDFN
ETSY
FTCH
CHWY
ROKU
TWLO
LSPD
Z
SQ

I have got some in Canada as well that would qualify but didn’t make the website link.
Feb 19, 2014
43 posts
117 upvotes
I would've thought a stock like $SE would be on this list.

Edit: nvm...I reread the list and it says "stocks that have matched or made new all time high during current trading session."
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
6144 posts
3103 upvotes
Vancouver
BIP, CRWD, EW, FTNT, KEYS, LSPD, MELI, PYPL, SHOP, SQ, TWLO
Dec 8, 2008
421 posts
82 upvotes
admiralackbar wrote: I bought CRWD on November 20th (posted in the buy thread) as a long term hold because I believe they are a solid company with a solid product (I have been in IT for 30 years) and they have great execution.

Never thought I would be up 50% in a month, not my style (I am a boring 10-15%/year guy) so am I struggling not to just take profits and reenter on the inevitable dip. But "don't get in front of a freight train" is one of my mantras so I will be patient lol.

Also have BEPC from when I got some from BEP.UN in June, I converted all to BEPC, not touching that one either.

Finally, TWLO which I got for another account is the one I am monitoring the closest to sell. Not much of a moat around their business in my opinion.

Love CRWD.. Awesome company and stock.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54622 posts
19420 upvotes
242 stocks hit ATH today, this is astounding.

I am thinking of looking up the 20 companies with the smallest market caps, read about their financials and revenue growth, and start dabbling in some of them lol.