Wheels and Tires

Any tire shops open? I have a slow leaking tire and want it remounted & balanced

• Last Updated:
  • May 7th, 2020 10:50 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
5963 posts
645 upvotes
Stouffville, ON

Any tire shops open? I have a slow leaking tire and want it remounted & balanced

Hi all,

My wife is a healthcare worker and her care constantly has a low tire pressure light and low tire pressure. I fill it up but after a week or two it'll say it's low again. I assume it wasn't mounted right as there are no holes or punctures and it's a new tire. Any shops open that'll do that? I'm in the Markham-ish area.
--
12 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
3225 posts
1840 upvotes
Edmonton
m4gician wrote: Hi all,

My wife is a healthcare worker and her care constantly has a low tire pressure light and low tire pressure. I fill it up but after a week or two it'll say it's low again. I assume it wasn't mounted right as there are no holes or punctures and it's a new tire. Any shops open that'll do that? I'm in the Markham-ish area.
Kal Tire
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
10825 posts
2671 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Simply Tire
OR
Tires23
0_o
<_<
>_>
Nov 21, 2015
585 posts
334 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I had the same symptom with my car; I'd fill up the tire, then a week later I'd notice the tire had lost pressure. Sometimes it could be due to the weather, but my tire constantly lost pressure. Turns out there was a nail stuck in the tire and patched it up myself, so I'd say take a look once more at the sidewall, tread, between the grooves too. Make sure you're spraying soapy water around the whole tire, and check the valve stem as that could be slowly leaking as well. I've also had an issue where the air was leaking between the rim and tire.. so maybe remounting and sealing the tire could solve your issue since you mentioned it's a new tire.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5510 posts
1916 upvotes
GTEH!
m4gician wrote: Hi all,

sickcars wrote: Simply Tire
OR
Tires23
OP is located in Markham.
Tires23 is in Mississauga. That would be a drive. Not ideal.

OP try calling a few tire shops in Markham to see if they are open. Sorry, I live in West GTA. Not familiar with tire shops in East GTA.
😎
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2005
5516 posts
3095 upvotes
Toronto
Webhead wrote: OP is located in Markham.

OP try calling a few tire shops in Markham to see if they are open. Sorry, I live in West GTA. Not familiar with tire shops in East GTA.
Tires23 is in Markham, but they didn’t do repairs at their old location, maybe they do now.
:arrowd: B/S/T Threads :arrowd:
[FS] N/A
[WTB] N/A
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
6059 posts
2528 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Webhead wrote: OP is located in Markham.

Two locations:

Mississauga, ON
L4W 1H1
Phone: (905) 602-8881

Markham, ON
L3P 1M3
Phone: (905) 294-8883
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
14272 posts
3453 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
georvu wrote: Two locations:

Mississauga, ON
L4W 1H1
Phone: (905) 602-8881

Markham, ON
L3P 1M3
Phone: (905) 294-8883
Tires23 does not have a shop in Markham that does installs, mounting, or balancing.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2005
5516 posts
3095 upvotes
Toronto
geokilla wrote: Tires23 does not have a shop in Markham that does installs, mounting, or balancing.
Not sure what they did at their old Markham location (not sure if they even moved or if it is the same location), maybe only on rim swaps/accessories (I called about getting a tire patched but they said they didn't do it at Markham about a year ago).

However, they have a full service bay now, https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb ... E3oECBcQBg
:arrowd: B/S/T Threads :arrowd:
[FS] N/A
[WTB] N/A
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1481 posts
352 upvotes
CEO Tire Midland and Ellesmere in Scarborough.

I've used them for several years for random flat tires and seasonal tire changes and I've been happy with their service.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5510 posts
1916 upvotes
GTEH!
geokilla wrote: Tires23 does not have a shop in Markham that does installs, mounting, or balancing.
That's what I thought.
Tires23 has 2 locations listed on their website.

Mississauga location is full tire services (sales + installation, etc). The location I always go to.
Markham location?? Forgot about this location. Have never been here. Not sure what is available there. Contact them.
😎