Credit Cards

Any way to activate TD cc online or via automated system?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2021 10:52 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 1, 2003
512 posts
124 upvotes
Ottawa

Any way to activate TD cc online or via automated system?

In 2021, is there a way to activate their credit cards online? It seems TD is one of few banks that requires you to activate via a human and their pushy insurance sales tactics.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2012
2105 posts
3254 upvotes
Toronto
Call: 1-888-652-6094

Without fail for the last 5 years this number activates on the automated system.
[OP]
Dec 1, 2003
512 posts
124 upvotes
Ottawa
Well, that is at least something. I am still not sure why TD doesn't implement a simple online automated system.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
9198 posts
4494 upvotes
Markham
crow wrote: Well, that is at least something. I am still not sure why TD doesn't implement a simple online automated system.
They are cheap, like you can't view your bureau file

I bet only revenue generation projects get resources such as interest on interest lol
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
20026 posts
4588 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
crow wrote: I am still not sure why TD doesn't implement a simple online automated system.
Do they try to sell you "balance protection" and other such crap when you activate?
TD is always pushing sales, it seems.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2019
1469 posts
2199 upvotes
BC
Just call the number above, always works for me.

If you still end up with a human, just cut them off the moment they start their insurance pitch and say you are not interested.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
4020 posts
2297 upvotes
crow wrote: Well, that is at least something. I am still not sure why TD doesn't implement a simple online automated system.
Some cards require a new activation to be done by calling from the phone number you register so they know you are the one calling, not someone stole your card. Most cards don’t require talking to a human even though you are calling from a phone.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2010
1026 posts
388 upvotes
ozzie16 wrote: Call: 1-888-652-6094

Without fail for the last 5 years this number activates on the automated system.
That's funny, I just activated a TD card this morning by using an automated system at this number 1-888-652-6092. Notice the difference in the last digit.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
1237 posts
836 upvotes
Montreal, QC
crow wrote: In 2021, is there a way to activate their credit cards online? It seems TD is one of few banks that requires you to activate via a human and their pushy insurance sales tactics.
The last time I activated a TD credit card (renewal), I just called their phone number from the phone registered as the phone number for the account holder (making sure that I didn't block the outgoing call display) and just keyed in the credit card number and I believe the birthdate and the card was activated without speaking with any one.
Jun 30, 2018
117 posts
159 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
ozzie16 wrote: Call: 1-888-652-6094

I also call the number on the back of the credit card, and after entering new credit card number, you're asked whether you want to activate your card. I have never been directed to a human using this method, so far.
Desjardins World Elite Mastercard | AmEx Aeroplan Reserve | Telus EPP